What's new

Entourage season 2 (1 Viewer)

SarahG

Second Unit
Ok, so it's still about 5 days away, but the premiere of Entourage season 2 is on Sunday. Who's watching? Especially since we've had to say goodbye to one of the cooler HBO shows, I'm def glad this show was brought back for a second season.

Predictions for season 2?

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
This is a show you can not predict as their is not too much of a plot :)

Wondering if it will be "post" Queens Blvd. or when they are in process of shooting it.

I am waiting on Piven's lines this year.

He is THE MAN in that role.

GREAT acting overall for a mindless type show.

Believe it or not, after Piven, I think Kevin Dilon does an outstanding job.

Looking forward to it, especialy since nothing else good on HBO now.

SarahG

Second Unit

Yeah, this is something that I think I take for granted with the show. For the subject matter and what you would expect, the acting is pretty darn good.

Piven is perfect in his role. "Let's hug it out, bitch." I saw somewhere online the other day that bracelets have been made with "Let's hug it out, bitch" written on them. Kinda funny. I'm sure there will be more lines where that came from...

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Piven is a good supporting actor. I enjoy him too and love the show, but the reason he stands out on the screen is because some of the others aren't. Dillon is pretty good. But Connelly and the guy who plays Vince are pretty bad. For the show to get better, they need to improve their skills. When I watch any scene with just the two of them (no one else to lean on, or bounce off of) I get the impression they are reading lines. This is a nit pick, as I do love the show, but they are not good actors.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

I could be wrong, but I believe it's set "post", on their return to LA from its shooting.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Saw a rerun of NYPD Blue, Raging Bulls, where Szymanski shot an undercover officer in pursuit. Kevin played the rookie beat cop who shot at the running undercovers from behind them [at Szymanski] who set the whole thing off.

SarahG

Second Unit
The thing about it is that I don't think any of the actors are that great on their own, but it's the way they are put together that makes the show. They are all essentially supporting one another and that works out pretty well. Looking forward to Sunday.

Nick

Second Unit
I thought Kevin Dillion was excellent in that role. Everybody in there were good. I wish they juice up Adrien's role a little bit. right now he's just there like an ornament looking pretty. I've never met any actors. May be that's just how it is with actor's busy life style. Pretty much having everybody else doing stuff for you.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I think the general acting overall is very god. I like Donnely in his role.
I think Piven stands out, not because of lack of quality from the other's, but his OUTSTANDING ability in this role.

He has been great in several movies.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
The utter lack of character arc keeps me watching this show. I expect this group to melt down and they just don't. My mind can't process a one camera show, on HBO no less, with such carefree sitcom sensibilities. So far, every episode has been a surprise for that reason.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator

LOL Yeah, your right the Apple photographer was the Di-Tech guy, that & Shauna saying Eric's last name are the 2 new things that I noticed when I watched the episode again for the second time around. But overall it was a GREAT episode & it was a great move to add Debi Mazar as a regular, her character is great.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

That's what I hope will happen because it would be interesting and amusing, but it never does.

The show gets no where near the bar "Larry Sanders" set for backstage Hollywood satire. The problem with the show, is that it refuses to be self-deprecating towards its characters. It wrongfully thinks that it will lose viewers if it shows its lead characters to be the vain moochers they really are. Look at Turtle, for example. As much of a loser as he is, he still comes through for the group, as he did in this past episode. The dynamic of the group, and thus the show, would be so much more compelling if he was an all-out fuck-up who couldn't do anything right. He would then truly be a member of an entourage. But since he does serve a practical function, his presence is actually legitimate. As a result, instead of satire, we get the same old bag of cliches about Hollywood. And as good of a job Piven does, he's just playing a stock character.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
When I say I keep watching, I do mean "with morbid fascination."

Piven's reaction to the Neil LaBute news was hilarious, though.

SarahG

Second Unit

I see your point, but I think he is enough of a screw up to get by and make it funny, even if he does come through every once in a while with bagels and pizza. I actually find myself likin him more for it.

SarahG

Second Unit
Turtle's not too far removed from some people I know. They act just like him. Can't wait for next week.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Not as hilarious as his reaction to when Eric (or was it Vincent) said, "Tom Cruise isn't hispanic."

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Glad to see Eric finally start acting the part of Manager to a big up-and-comming star. I knew his girlfriend was seeing somebody else. However, I do think she was just as hot if not hotter than that "Vince-hot" girl he banged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks