What's new

entertainment center (1 Viewer)

Chris Homer

Agent

I think I spent a little under $200 on the material, and I had to get a shelf pin jig, 3/4" router straight bit, and couple of other things that might have added another $75 or so on top of that. I was thinking of putting some doors on it, but my wife filled the empty spaces pretty well. We'll have to see if I do or not. Have to build a router table first to try and build some doors.

At a minimum, I would like to build some doors with speaker fabric to cover the left and right speaker, since I would rather not have some decor on top or near them.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. It didn't come out perfect like I would hope, but I'm probably the only one who knows where the errors are.

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit
Chris,

That looks beautiful, I certainly can't tell from the picture that it didn't come out perfect! I'm sure you would have paid considerably more than $200 to buy that somewhere, and it wouldn't have been to the exact dimensions you wanted.

Aaron Gilbert

Tracy_L

Stunt Coordinator

You appear to have good woodworking skillz, how about a frame that is covered with material and slides into the opening a pre-detrmined depth using some stops. something like magnetic cabinet (it's late and I can't come up with the correct term) thingies that hold cabinet doors shut. You could flush mount the frames.

or a simple inside hinge so that they swing out. The frames should be easy enough to build and cover with fabric.

Just a few rambling thoughts... :)

Tracy

Chris Homer

Agent
Yeah, for the speakers I was thinking a basic frame with the speaker cover fabric stapled to the opening and then some type of clips kind of like the ones used on speakers. That way I could just pull off the covers if I ever need to get in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks