What's new

Enterprise: I knew they couldn't go too long without showing a holodeck! (1 Viewer)

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Surprise, surprise!!! Why did it not surprise me. Sure it was on an alien ship, but still, the concept is there. Let's just hope they don't have some kind of technology exchange within the next six episodes and end up with one on the Enterprise.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah they could'nt resist. But if the klingon's get it, and they establish we get it from them in the 24th century then that's ok.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Yeah. There's nothing to suggest Klingons didn't have holodeck technology. Of course, we don't know how widespread it became in the Empire either. However, any invention that can make a Klingon say "I can see my house from here" is okay in my book. Truly a classic Trek line.
------------------
Link Removed
"Sex? We're men! We wrestled!"
-Barton Fink

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Did the Klingon's have cloaking technology yet? I can't remember, but did they get it from the Romulans? It just seems that if they didn't have cloaking technology they'd be, as warriors would be, more interested in the cloaking than the holograms. But if they did have cloaking technology already, you'd think they'd have been able to detect the ship following in their wake.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
A much better episode than last week at any rate.
Nice to see an old style Klingon cruiser again.
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
MyHTSetup

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Mark - I was eating dinner when the one Klingon exclaimed "I can see my house from here!" and nearly choked! I don't think I have laughed that hard at anything ST related since Q asked Worf:
"Eaten any good books lately?"

Hayes Preston

Stunt Coordinator
The Klingon quote was good, but my quote of the week was
"You may be putting those nipples to use sooner than you think." Dr Phlox to Trip, right in front of an anonomous crewmember.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Nice to see an old style Klingon cruiser again.
Except that it was dressed up just like the battlecruiser from The Motion Picture - hull plating, green color and all. Not at all like the original which was smooth and had a mixture of light gray, blue-gray and purple-gray parts.
Joel

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
During my commute home I realized something really weird about last night's episode. Trip was growing mammary glands, which suggests that not only does the male of the species carry the baby, but also nurses the baby. If this is the case, why did his alien girlfriend have 2 big round lumps on her front upper torso region. I thought those features were only found on the gender that provides nutrition for newborn infants.
wink.gif

Also, do you think we'll ever see a female alien with more than two? (Or even more than 2 eyes for that matter.
wink.gif
)
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I know its kinda nitpicking, but they already pulled the old "Episode I" technology thing. The technology looks more advanced than Voyager in some parts, but its not supposed to be.
Nonetheless, still a great show.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I just find it odd that the males host the baby that the females implant in them. Wouldn't that make their genders the opposite of what they are? I mean, isn't the only thing that determines gender the roles one plays in reproduction? Just a bizarre little plot point.
------------------
Link Removed
"Sex? We're men! We wrestled!"
-Barton Fink

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Mike, damn man, time to get a dish. What station do you have to wait for until Sunday. You could pick up an ExpressVu 3100 (just make sure you get a 24" dish instead of an 18" one, be very sticky on this) for less than $200. Receive a $100 programming credit, and then after the credit is gone, for $11 a month you could catch Enterprise on Tuesday on A-Channel.
------------------
Dustin
[email protected]
My Adire Tempest Sonosub

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
quote: I mean, isn't the only thing that determines gender the roles one plays in reproduction?
That confuses me too. Male seahorses are the ones that carry and give birth to the young. There must be more to gender identification than just that. But I don't know what it is.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

[Edited last by Bill Catherall on October 18, 2001 at 09:33 PM]

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Dustin,
I catch Enterprise on Space on Sunday nights.
I actually do have a dish but it is an american one and unfortunately it doesn't pick up UPN. One of those 'grey-market' ones!!

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Then still, the ExpressVu might not be a bad idea. Not a lot of money to get all the Canadian channels, and then use the American one for the rest. I think it's $10.95 per month for 33 Canadian channels. In some cases you can catch the same show on these channels from 5 different time zones.
------------------
Dustin
[email protected]
My Adire Tempest Sonosub

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
I will soon be a moot point.
I'm moving to Calgary on monday and I think it plays there on one of the local channels. I might even be able to see 'Smallville' as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks