What's new

"Enterprise" - First Reviews (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I don't want to follow that link to see the review - I've managed to avoid most spoilers so far, and want to continue that until Wednesday... Can sameone give me a brief overview of the review? Positive/negative?
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Just FYI: the review was very positive, probably an A or A- on the scale.
Almost all of the reviews I've read thus far have been very positive, which is a good thing, since I left the Star Trek universe with DS9.
I have to say, it's good to see Bakula having script approval rights.. good way to keep the show from going too far into left field.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Excellent, ta guys. I've been *ordered* by friends back home in the UK to tape it & mail it over, as they're desperate to see it & it's not on till Feb.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

I too am very eager & it sounds promising. But Scott Bakula????
eek.gif

It must be just me, everyone else seems to like him. Can't be any worse than that pompous blowhard Avery Brooks. But then, most seem to have liked him too. Yes, it must be only me.
wink.gif

John

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
*kisses Satellite dish*
I SAW IT!
It was on A-Channel in Edmonton which I get on my dish.
The good news is that yes, the pilot is quite good! I think this is a show I'll be watching on a weekly basis. (Not in any way like Voyager.)
What I can say without spoiling anything is that the new setting breaths so much life into Star Trek. For one thing, the crew is much more relaxed than previous times. Especially the captain, who's more of the Kirk variety, although thankfully, he isn't by any means an exact clone of him. Right off the bat, we can tell he has a history, and reason for being here. He also has a nice sense of humour, which the other captains have lacked.
It's also nice to see how humans got along with Vulcans after the events in First Contact. When I first heard there was going to be a Vulcan on board, I thought it was just a cheap gimmick. I mean they've had a vulcan twice already. But here, the vulcan's presence adds another layer to the conflict.
By the way, it may be of interest here for you all to know that it was presented in the 16x9 Widescreen format! Think about it, this could be the first TV show in history to be presented entirely in Widescreen! Unless of course they turn to 1:33 after the pilot, although I do highly doubt that.
[Edited last by Mark Kalzer on September 25, 2001 at 10:27 PM]

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
It sure was on A channel in Edmonton
biggrin.gif

------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I don't know what's got me more excited about this new "Star Trek" show -- the fact that all of the reviews are so positive, or that it's presented in widescreen! Yowsa!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Here's another link from the Toronto Sun:
Link Removed
BTW - I liked his capsule summary of the other series - especially TNG.
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
MyHTSetup

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Mark,
See my thread about Widescreen TV shows in the TV area. Enterprise isn't close to being the first widescreen show.

ChristopherS

Second Unit
The show was great!
I don't think I will be giving away too much to say that the shower scene was well worth watching! This Enterprise is going places no other Enterprise has gone before!
Chris

brentl

Senior HTF Member
In widescreen WOW!!
Another reason to watch.
YES I've heard about the shower scene :)
LL cool B

Duane_T

Stunt Coordinator
I turned it on right at the shower seen (didn't know it would be on) - holy moly!
I tried to force myself to turn it off and watch it from the beginning tonight, but I just couldn't turn it off. Oh well, I'll watch the entire thing tonight. It feels good to actually be excited about Trek again.

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
Man, "Enterprise" in letterbox!!! Watching on Dish Network, & taping in S-VHS!!! Could it get any better??? Oh yeah, a screen larger than 32"!!!

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Just finished watching the pilot. I was very pleased that it was not a lot of over-acting like in the previous series early episodes. I will definitely be watching this next week though.
Shower Scene =
yum.gif

------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks