What's new

Enterprise 2002-09-18 (1 Viewer)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
So, we will see them again, even if it is not Daniels at first. The whole Enterprise series could actually be revolving around what happens in the 31st century, and might/could explain why Archer and his 'voyages' had never been mentioned in the other series.
I was thinking the same thing. They could spend seven years messing with the Original Series continuity, then press the big fat reset button in the series finale.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I just want to stand up for Blaylock's T'Pol being more attractive than Jeri Ryan's 7. Ok, now things are even. Let's continue.

I liked the moment when B&B sent a message that they'd heard the whines of the "continuity obessed" when Archer noticed the book "The Romulan Star Empire" and was told by the toupe guy "Maybe you shouldn't look at that."

But all in all their habit of not thinking out the second half of season two-parters (as a challenge to the writers) was a mistake this time. The whole crux of the story simply involved Archer stepping out and then stepping back on board his ship? Big whoopie. Who cares. Maybe next time the fate of the world can depend on whether he chooses decaf or regular.

More adventure please. More strange new worlds and new civilizations.

And someone please remind Vulcan Sykes that Vulcan't aren't supposed to get visibly angry unless they are going senile or are losing control.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
And someone please remind Vulcan Sykes that Vulcan't aren't supposed to get visibly angry unless they are going senile or are losing control.
:) Good call!
And I want to add another nitpick: that crawlspace wasn't small. Heck, old Scotty could've crawled along that (but I'm glad he didn't!). I think it was just a ploy for Lt TokenEnglish to try out his new sweater-disrober gadget he stole from Daniels's quarters in a previous episode.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I only saw the series preniere because I "happen" to see the finale. All in all, I too wasn't impressed( and u guys had to remind me of the speech). Too many flaws in the story line. And I thought I was the only one noticing it....no mention of Archer in other ST series, vulcans getting mad, wearing skimpy clothing, technology not seen in original series present everywhere, Vulcans and human at each other's throat, etc.
I'm not a die hard trekker but I know the series well enough to comment on it. And to think Archer and the Enterprise just was plain content they didn't cause the 3000 deaths on the colony below. If it were Kirk, Picard or Janeway, they would've came back before the incident and revertsed that.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
I'm with Jack on this. I watched it because I wanted to see how they'd resolve the situation. Standard MCGyver in Space. A commicator, a tricorder, a few eleastic bands and viola time communication.

I'm really struggling at the moment. I see in my mind how good this show could be but I know it might, probably, won't deliver. I want to like it but the episodes just fail to resonate with me. I love the concept and of Bakula's work but for me this is shaping up to be the worst ST ever.

IMO if it doesn't improve soon it will continue to be more boring than Voyager. You know it's bad when you want to see Janeway in the Holodeck again.

Ah well. Knowing B&B Archer will have his own holodeck soon.

And who ever suggested that they would play around for 7 years and hit the reset button? I would place that bet today if someone would take it.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I was actually waiting from some 41st century timecops to come along, slap Daniels hand and return archer. :)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Have any of you gentlemen actually seen Jolene Blalok's (sp?) Maxim magazine and calendar spreads??
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
The Vulcan wig makes her head and face look somewhat goofy, but when she lets her hair down. 'nough said!
And even Jerri Ryan (our beloved Seven of Nine) has made a few trips to the plastic surgeon herself (I will admit she's still one damn fine looking woman!!). It seems like very few gorgeous models actually are completely natural.
Dan

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
So I guess Daniels is pretty much stuck in the 3000th century with no food, water or technology?
Having just watched this episode, I am catching up on all the past Episodes I missed. I sure wish they had resolved this a little better, rather than leaving Daniels in limbo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks