What's new

Enterprise 1/05/02 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Keene

Supporting Actor
Watching Mayweather apologize to the Cardisians has to be one of the more painful bits
Weird. That was my favorite part of the episode (not just being contrary, honest).
I've really enjoyed Enterprise this year. After DS9 being my favorite show of all time (except maybe the 1st season of Murder One), I could not get into Voyager to save my life. Now I'm a happy camper. I'm not saying it can't or won't get better (because it can and will), but it's the best darn Trek 1st season I've been alive for ;)

GordonL

Supporting Actor
What, no one noticed the 4:3 movie screen in the theater and the 4:3 TV in the Captain's quarters? :)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
What, no one noticed the 4:3 movie screen in the theater and the 4:3 TV in the Captain's quarters? :)
The movie screen is quite appropriate for The Wages of Fear.
As for Captain Archer, he's obviously a J6P, and has poor taste in sports too. ;)

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Philip,

The Captain's choice in sports just about says it all. Apologies to all water poloists.

Archer seems to have become ever more whimpy with each new episode. Or is that 'sensitive'.

Come on guys and dolls blow something up at least twice an episode.

When will the real Klingon wars start?

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Well, I'm still giving Enterprise a chance. NG, DS9 and Voyager all had brutal first seasons (ok, Voyager had 7 brutal seasons :D). Enterprise has only been mostly boring and mildly annoying.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Kwang, I'm with you. I still have hope for Enterprise. The problems the series is experiencing can be summed up by pointing to two names: Rick Berman and Brannon Braga. They so plainly want to get back to the status quo and serve up cookie-cutter stories that could have easily been dropped into any of the other three spinoff series. We are now, very early on, in a rut: This most recent block of new episodes could just as easily have been TNG, DS9, or Voyager episodes. Just shift the characters around a bit, so think B&B, and we can make it an Enterprise story. Get back to the show's premise, damn it! Evoke that sense of wonder that comes with opening a new frontier.

Jeff Keene: You are not being contrary. You are simply disagreeing. That's allowed, you know! Wait until the next time you see Jason Seaver and me butt heads in a future Star Trek-related thread.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
And I finally saw the episode last night. The best I can say for it is that, at least, it wasn't as bad as last week's episode. Growing discouraged.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I watched this last night, as well. It was ok. Enjoyable but not particularly inspiring. I enjoy the character interactions (the best part of Trek), but the story was middling.

[Phlox's] short exchange with the tendril as it tried to attach itself to him was priceless, and a well-needed tension breaker.
That was great! He reminded me of the scientists who study venomous snakes and bitey-bugs -- an unnatural calm handling lethal animals.

The force-field implementation touched on one of my frustrations with Trek: any problem can be solved in 78 seconds when sufficiently motivated. I wish my research went so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks