What's new

Enjoying Our System (1 Viewer)

AllenLC

Agent
Well it's been a month or so and I would like to report on our new HT.
A Hitachi TV, an Onkyo Receiver and Onkyo's top DVD player with Dahlquist speakers and an Infinity BU2 Sub is what we have. (click the gear on the header to see our setup)
We whatched Pearl Harbor last night in DTS and WOW!!!
I just can't say enough. OUTSTANDING!
I have the QX6 for surrounds and they are configured as "Large". This was my last adjustment and a notacably good one. Thanks to Marc at "audioshop.on.ca" for his after sales support with the following text, we were knocked out of our socks experiancing Pearl Harbor cranked up a bit.

The bass is quite remarkable on the QX6 and my preference would be to run them as large. Do try them both large and small though to see what you prefer. The advantage of running them as large keeps all the channels discrete and
gives the best overall clarity. The advantage of running them as small is that it eases the work load on the Onkyo receiver; the bass frequencies would be re-routed to the subwoofer output so the Onkyo has an easier workload of just having to reproduce the mids and highs and the heavy duty bass work is done by the amplifier in the subwoofer. My opinion though is that just muddles the subwoofer up by having to try and reproduce more information than it has to. I think your Onkyo has plenty enough horsepower to run them as large.
Regards,
Marc

You can't go wrong shopping there.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Congratulations on the system.

I am correcting the thread title spelling for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks