What's new

Energy Connoisseur C-C3 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
Just wondering if anyone knew when this center channel speaker is going to hit the stores. My local HT dealer thought they would be shipping March 18th but since he doesn't have them in yet I am wondering when they will be available.

Mike Likens

Stunt Coordinator
I stopped by my local Energy dealer today. I asked about the cc3 but he was unsure. So he made a call while I was standing there. The response he received was that they were now shipping and that they should be hitting the retailers within 2 weeks. The MSRP is $600. I can purchase for $450.

Looks like an interesting speaker. Right now i'm using the excellent AC-300 from a few years back to match my C-7's. It's a very good match across the front. The cc3 would have to be a big improvement for me to want to upgrade.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I stopped by my local Energy dealer today. I asked about the cc3 but he was unsure. So he made a call while I was standing there. The response he received was that they were now shipping and that they should be hitting the retailers within 2 weeks. The MSRP is $600. I can purchase for $450.

Looks like an interesting speaker. Right now i'm using the excellent AC-300 from a few years back to match my C-7's. It's a very good match across the front. The cc3 would have to be a big improvement for me to want to upgrade.
Only $450??? I want to go shopping with you. :D That would be a great price for the C-C3.

I am in the same situation. I currently own the AC-300 (but with C-5s rather than the 7s). The C-C3 would have to be the mother of all centers for me to consider upgrading. I have nothing but good things to say about the AC-300. Solid, solid center. Nonetheless, I am curious to hear what the C-C3 is like.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I just got my C-C3 yesterday!!! So far I only watched one movie (Monster's Ball) and it sounded very crisp with some added bass compared to the C-C1. Its still early, needs break-in time, but I am very pleased with it. I dont think its a huge step up from the C-C1 but enough to make a difference.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
Congrats on the C-C3. Keep us posted as the speaker breaks in. I am worried when you say it is not a huge improvement...as I thought the C-C1 was mediocre at best.

I am expecting the C-C3 to be God's gift to center channel speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks