What's new

Enabling DTS output (1 Viewer)

Dave-J

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
So, I'm pretty new to this home-theater thing and I've got what seems to me to be a pretty basic question. I've searched through existing threads to find an answer, but haven't come up with anything yet, so I'm hoping you might be able to help.

I've just purchased a started HTIB set (Pioneer HTP-720DV), which is composed of a VSX-D811S receiver and a DV-353-K DVD player. When I attempt to play discs in DTS mode, I get an error message (and no sound output at all) to the effect of: "DTS Digital Out Off"

I've ensured that my DVD player is set to enable DTS encoding in the digital audio menu, and as far as I know, my receiver and speakers are properly set up (DD 5.1 and other sound formats sound great). So, I'm not sure what could be wrong. I imagine it could be something very simple, but after several days of trying different receiver settings and toying with the DVD set-up, I thought I'd seek a little assistance with this. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
Dave, I'm not familiar with your components, but I would think that you would be decoding DTS via your receiver, not via the DVD-Player. You simply want to pass a bitstream output to the receiver. Try changing your DVD-Player's setting to output bitstream and disable DTS decoding. Good luck!

Dave-J

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
I'm not certain, but I think that's how I initially had it set up, and I haven't gotten it to work yet, but I may have erred. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Put ur receiver on autodetect then switch the output of ur player to bitstream. Rick is right here as most have their players just on PCM out...happens even to HT stores when doing a demo for DTS.

Dave-J

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
Thanks a lot guys. I think I had only changed one of the required setting on my DVD player. While, I had enabled DTS output, the Digital Audio out was only PCM. I think this change should do it. If not, I'll see what else i can do. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks