What's new

Emergency! - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Well done, Paul! This is a must for me and it appears that Universal will at least finish the regular series in 2010. I wonder if they'll release the TV movies after that, as was the case with "Columbo."

Paul Mavis

Agent
Real Name
Paul Mavis
Thanks, Bob -- glad you enjoyed it.

Let's hope they do -- and wasn't there a Saturday morning cartoon of it, as well? Why not throw that in there, too.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I got my set today along with Rockford Season 6. Can't wait to get started watching these.

I just read the posted review of Emergency! Season 5 and I'm a little bummed that Universal is using the same quality prints like the ones used for season 4. I was hoping that season 4 was just a fluke and they couldn't find decent quality prints. Looks like the rest of the series picture quality will only reach the level of good but not steller like seasons 1-3 were. I'll still get each set until the end of the series, but it's a bit of a bummer about the picture quality.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I don't know all the details, but they switched to a lower quality medium to record these episodes to after season 3, leading to the reduced quality we see today for season 4 onwards.

As for bonus content, lets not forget the short lived Jack Webb series called Sierra about park rangers in a forest. There was a episode where Johnny and Roy crossed over to that series in their paramedic roles, on a vacation or something and end up helping out.

That deserves to be included as a bonus like that Adam-12 episode this set recieved.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I got my set today, too...am looking forward to watching this and hoping that Uni completes this series next year. :emoji_thumbsup:
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
It won't be finished next year, there were several movies done after season 6 that I don't think anyone expects to see bundled in with season 6, making it effectively 7 seasons long.

I think its safe to assume if they go long enough to put season 6 out next year, we'll see the movies the next year in a seperate set like we saw done with Little House on the Prairie and it's movies after the conclusion of season 9.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I picked this up today and am eager to jump right into it this evening. This is one show from my childhood that I recently re-discovered 2 years ago and have picked up all the seasons to date, enjoying them more and more as they go. True classics like this never go out of style!

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, I finished watching season 5 this weekend. Other than the picture quality, the show is just as much fun to watch as ever. After watching the first four seasons as they came out, it's getting really easy for me to know when the big explosion is about to happen during the final act. Too easy, in fact.

I did enjoy this season of shows just as much as the previous seasons, however the 'big' rescues or fires in the final act in this season just didn't seem to be as 'big' as previous seasons. Maybe I'm just getting a little too comfortable with the show. I didn't find this season to have very many 'edge of your seat' moments as before.

Still a good season and I can't wait to get the rest of the series.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I just ordered my set (along with Season 2 of The Invaders), but who knows when I'll ever get to it. With 18 sets to go through, I still haven't got to watch Season 2 of this one. :frowning:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'm hoping someone can help me out real quick, my season 4's DVD cases are junk and breaking, and have been that way pretty much since day 1. So I'd like to order up some replacement cases.

Are these the correct size of slim double DVD cases they're using for these releases?

SLIM Frosted Clear Double DVD Cases 7MM

Can't seem to find a ruler here to measure mine for thickness, but it appears to be right. I'd just like to be sure before placing a order. Its dimensions are 191 x 136.2 x 7.2 (MM).

Thanks guys for any help you can offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks