What's new

Elvis Presley's "Girl Happy"...When? (1 Viewer)

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I know that a slew of Elvis movies and specials have been recently released, or are scheduled to be released within the next few weeks. However, arguably one of his best "beach movies" from the 60s "Girl Happy" has yet to make it to DVD or even be announced as a potential release candidate. Has anyone heard any news recently as to when we might be getting this movie on DVD?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
There are rights problems with several songs in GIRL HAPPY and KISSIN' COUSINS. I think the last video release on these titles had cut the songs from the film, so they're probably trying to clear the music before scheduling a DVD release.

Bob

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still waiting for a Dvd release of "Tickle Me".
I think it's one of Elvis Presley's more enjoyable later films.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
GIRL HAPPY and TICKLE ME are two of my favorite Elvis films of this period, and I like the songs, too.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

Well they finally worked out the rights problems with the Elvis Aloha From Hawaii special, so why can't they do the same with these movies?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The Estate owns Aloha from Hawaii, and was able to negotiate the license. KC and GH are owned by Warner Bros. now, and they may not have the same interest in clearing all the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks