What's new

Elvis Presley in LOVING YOU (1957) (1 Viewer)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Loving You is my particular favorite of Elvis Presley's movies. It's beautifully shot and composed in Technicolor, and shows the young Elvis at his rockabilly best. It also captures something of the spirit of the time, the place, and culture. Lions Gate's full-screen DVD has been out of print for several years, and the film has turned up missing on all the TV festivals and tributes. It must be the only Elvis feature film not on DVD.

Originally it was a Paramount.
Anybody know why Loving You has dropped out of circulation? Would anyone else like to see this film on DVD?

Drew Salzan

Second Unit
I have that DVD. It actually is anamorphically enhanced, with a 1.85:1 AR. A very good transfer from a VistVision print.

I'm not sure why it is not available any more, but it could be because of the more complex rights. Even though a Paramount release, Paramount doesn't own the rights. I believe they are owned by the parent company of NBC.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Yes, somehow NBC wound up with the rights to LOVING YOU; never quite understood how that worked out, especially since almost all the other Paramount Presley films went to Viacom (and, ironically, now back to Paramount). NBC previously licensed the film to Warner for VHS, then later to Goodtimes for budget VHS, and the Lionsgate DVD came before NBC's merger with Universal.

I suspect that eventually Universal will reissue this. I hope it will come with more features, as they have done really nice things with their catalog titles recently.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Okay, I found a reasonably priced copy new on ebay.

Thanks for your input, everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks