What's new

"Ellen" season 3? (1 Viewer)

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
I am soooooooooooooo happy that Seasons 3 will be released soon, with Seasons 4 and 5 following, but I would like to know if any of the previous sets had any alterations known to any of the consumers. Can anyone answer me that?
-James

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Not that I know of. So far, the episodes seem to be intact. During the first 2 seasons the show had very little music as it is (I'm getting nervous about seasons 3+ though), and the few songs that were there were left intact.

The only difference to the originally airings is that the first season is called "Ellen" instead of "These Friends of Mine". They made this change after the show had been retitled. But don't worry, the episodes are not the syndicated versions.

Chris

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I've watched all of the first season box set. I saw the episodes when they first aired and had them on videotape at the time. The DVD versions look identical from what I can tell, except that they are in the proper order which they were not on ABC.

My main music concern for the first season was "Build Me Up, Buttercup" which is there, thankfully. I'm not sure if the "guest star" openings actually began in the third season. I know for a bulk of the episodes Ellen would come on-screen and "complain" about the new titles not being ready yet. When the "new" titles debut they are a compilation of clips of the cast engaging in sitcom cliches. Ellen proclaims the new openings to be wonderful. I believe the next season, the fourth, is when the inspired musical and comedic openings debut.

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
I got this today, along with Three's Company S6, from a certain Big Box store who broke the street date. Anyway, Ellen appears to be unedited to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks