What's new

Elementary Season 4 (2 Viewers)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Very intrigued by the mystery Watson introduced at the end of the episode.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Good mystery (though for a change I figured out the twist of the room before it occurred to the detectives), but I was a little disheartened that the producers feel they have to go there with a romantic interest for Sherlock, perhaps trying to bring him into being more identifiable to the average viewer. But he's never been average, and a conventional romance, even with someone as unique as this charming, fragile lady, seems counter to the Holmes mythology. But, I guess they left a lot of that behind from the beginning anyway.

It just seems they're doing anything they can to eek out another season (or even a half season) to get Elementary up to 100 episodes for better syndication deals.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Good mystery (though for a change I figured out the twist of the room before it occurred to the detectives), but I was a little disheartened that the producers feel they have to go there with a romantic interest for Sherlock, perhaps trying to bring him into being more identifiable to the average viewer. But he's never been average, and a conventional romance, even with someone as unique as this charming, fragile lady, seems counter to the Holmes mythology. But, I guess they left a lot of that behind from the beginning anyway.

It just seems they're doing anything they can to eek out another season (or even a half season) to get Elementary up to 100 episodes for better syndication deals.
Well, that's where you and I differ as I think it's refreshing that they're not sticking to that mythology.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I think it's an interesting take on Holmes. "The Woman" in canon is something special, but this new "love" interest is intriguing because she is neuro atypical and it's pretty clear this version of Holmes is a bit neuro atypical himself. It works for me. I also wouldn't describe her as fragile. She seems like a strong woman to me despite the way her brain handles social interactions.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Enjoyed the show while I was watching it, but the next day I couldn't remember a single thing about the episode's mystery. All I could remember was the subplot with the unhappy neighbor (played by Richard Kind), and Holmes making his own brand of restitution.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed the show while I was watching it, but the next day I couldn't remember a single thing about the episode's mystery.

I believe that is sort of an 'occupational hazard' when watching procedurals. I watch too many of them and it does become difficult to recall the details. I had the exact same problem with last week's Castle.

- Walter.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
A heads up to those interested that Elementary starts showing on Sunday nights starting today.
All set! Thanks for your post Robert, as it took us so long to getting around to viewing the "Hound Of The Baskervilles" episode on our PVR, that I wasn't sure we hadn't already missed a Sunday Night episode, as I had no prior idea of that change in programming schedule occurring!

CHEERS! :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A heads up to those interested that Elementary starts showing on Sunday nights starting today.
My DVR records the shows on the network no matter when they air, but I know other brands of DVRs don't, so thanks so much for your reminder.

I hope fans remember the switch. The show's future life will depend on how the ratings go on its new night.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My DVR records the shows on the network no matter when they air, but I know other brands of DVRs don't, so thanks so much for your reminder.

I hope fans remember the switch. The show's future life will depend on how the ratings go on its new night.
So does my DirecTV Genie, but I wanted to alert those that don't have that DVR capability.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
In my TV market, the NCAA basketball games ran over into primetime, so CBS' lineup got pushed back 35 minutes. I did go back into my DVR and program an extra 35 minutes to make sure I got the whole show. I could always watch it On Demand, but I like to be able to speed through the commercials.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Folks may be interested that the writer of last night's episode, Paul Cornell, has some behind the scene photos and more on his blog and he live tweeted comments about the episode with some extra information as well.

He has written for comic books and his insight of the industry showed in the episode.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Didn't know about last night's NCAA game, so we missed getting most of the latest ELEMENTARY episode on our PVR!

i was really looking forward to this episode! Damn these Sunday Night sports broadcasts that almost invariably run late!

Why couldn't they keep ELEMENTARY on Thursdays where we never had to worry about this B.S?

AARRGGHH!!!! :angry:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Enjoyable episode and with a fair amount of heart to it, too. I loved any moment when SHerlock deciphers something, and someone stands amazed. "How'd you do that?" A couple of those moments last night, and I howled at his response "I got bitten by a radioactive detective."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks