What's new

Elder Scrolls III Morrowind....First Impressions...WOW! (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I figured the Xbox version would see delays. :frowning: Not being pessimistic but, don't be surprised to see the 28th date fall to the wayside either.
Kind of makes you wonder, if it's taking them this long to put out the Xbox version because they aren't allowed to patch it, how buggy was the pc version they shoved out the door?
I guess Bethesda is having a new experience with having to make sure something actually works before they put it up for sale.
But, it sure is getting hard waiting on this game. It looks like they've done a killer job with it!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin Linke

Agent
At EBWorld the release date for the XBox version is still May 23, 2002. It hasn't changed in a while so I think that it will be released then. Cross your fingers.

BryanK

Stunt Coordinator
if we cant even get a patch for the xbox version, how will we be able to get new maps and quest's as they are released?

I think I'll be going to get the PC version rather then waiting any longer for xbox release.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Argh! The release date for the XBox is now 5/31.

I knew I should have picked up that PC Version! Oh, well. I may cancel my pre-order. Anyone know where I can get the PC version for $40 or less? That's how much I am paying (shipped) for the XBox version from EBGames.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
CompUSA advertised Morrowind for the PC at $34.99 in their Sunday flyer. I don't know what the online price would be but that seems like a very good deal. It is the regular version of course.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
I just received this email from GoGamer : PC version is on sale for only $29.90!!!
New 48 Hour Madness!
Offer Starts on 05/18/02
http://www.gogamer.com
This is the Madness you've been asking for!
It's Elder Scrolls III Morrowind Madness!
Get Morrowind now for just $29.90
That's $10.00 off our regular low price
and $20.00 off what most retail stores
are charging!
For just $29.90, get the game that
everyone's talking about. Prepare
yourself for the most detailed
gameworld ever created for the PC.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Greg,

Thanks for this news, but when I click on the Morrowind link on that store, I get a message telling me that the product is not available.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
That is so crazy, because now I'm getting the same thing. About the product not available. Before I posted I checked 10 minutes ago to see if it's still available and it was. It said that there was 36hrs left on the sale. And now I when I check it, it's gone.

Chris ,

You might want to wait and try back later tonight to see if it was just a glitch. Because it was working just fine a couple of minutes ago.

BryanK

Stunt Coordinator
Adam,
Thanks for the other thread. If this is the way M$ is going to be upgrading there Xbox software, my mailman's going to be carrying alot more from now on. I'll have to leave a bigger X-mass tip:)

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
So is this 5/31? I'm dying for a review - if this is any good, I'm buying it. I'm dying for a good RPG for my Xbox.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I'm officially pissed off that the XBox version keeps getting delayed.
If I have a fairly close to bleeding-edge PC, is there any reason I should NOT just opt for the PC version of Morrowind (outside of the 5.1 sound)? Is the game essentially the same?
The wait is just killing me... :)

Scott Littlefield

Stunt Coordinator
Joel,

I am running MW on a PIII 700 with a GeForce 3 Ti500. The game runs quite smoothly for me.

Over at the Elderscrolls.com messageboards I've read comments from several of the developers who recommend the PC version over the Xbox version. Since there are going to be multiple add-ons and updates to the MW world, they say the PC version is the "most complete Morrowind experience."

Hope that helps,

Scott

Dan B

Screenwriter
Saw these hands-on impressions someone has posted of the Xbox version after playing it at E3. (from a post at the Link Removed)
Before my personal impressions here is the Q&A I gave to them:
Q) When is the game coming out?
A) From the VP Guy: First week of June, should be shipping on the 5th or 6th of June (confirming the other threads release date).
Q) What is the frame rate:
A) From teaster: Solid 30, at times it is at 60, but it does not dip back and forth. Certain areas run smoother but you do not get this massive jumping from 60 to 30 and back.
Q) What do you think of the XBox version?
A) From gamers press owner: I have the PC version running on a Geforce 3 and I have to say the X-Box version is really good. He then asked the tester if they had improved the textures in the X-box version. The tester said no, it was the same. The water looks great, better than my PC he then stated.
Q) What is up with the delay?
A) The VP guy gave me a pissed of look and simply said that it took a little longer in testing than they anticipated. I said "you mean in MS's QA? He gave me a look as if I knew something. He simply said that everyone Bethesda and MS wanted to make sure it was all great before releasing.
Q) What about the packaging:
A) From Marketing rep: Not as big as the PC (then laughs). I asked if a MAP will be included and he said yes.
Q) How does it compare to the PC version:
A) from tester & VP: Depending on the setup of the PC it does vary. He then walked me over to the side by side with the PC running a G4 and over 512megs of ram and yeah the PC version looked better.
Q) Draw distance?
A) tester: On Pc it is scalable depending on your set up. He said that the X-box version would fall under what you would get on a G3 with 256 Megs of ram or more. We are very happy with the X-box version as "most" pc users are playing the game on lower powered PC and they are not getting what you get in the X-Box version.
Misc stuff from some PC users: As I was playing 4 people walked in. They immediately all asked me to find some water. It was odd, it was like the rehearsed it. The tester laughed as did the VP and they said it looks great. I found some water and all 4 were floored. One guy said "it looks great, but it looks a little better on my G4 with a shitload of memory). the VP commented "with your setup, you probably paid close to $1500 or more and your water looks a "little" better than a $199.99 X-Box. They all laughed and the guy said, yeah it looks good. The other three were very impressed since they are playing using a lower powered PC and they are not getting the performance that the X-Box is pushing.
My impressions:
Being that I spoke alot about the game above, this will be a little brief. The game seemed alot of fun. I actually played the game for a little over an hour on Wednesday and then returned on Thursday for another one hour stint. The Bethesda folks kinda of laughed and said enjoy yourself and thanks for letting us know you like the game.
The game looks really nice, compared to other X-Box games it is up in the top, not as good as Halo looking, but good. I would say the frame rate was at 30 solid. Playing games at E3 you can tell much easier when you play a game at 60 and then the game next to it is at 30.
I played around with a level 17 character and just walked around and spoke to people and killed a few badies. A concern I had was the text of the game. Sometimes a PC to game console game suffers from hard to read or poorly used text fonts. The text is greeat and very easy to read. The menus are very well organized and according to the PC players seemed better.
Being that I did not get to play too much I was very impressed. The game seems to be great and I look forward to June 6th or 7th!!
-Hawkmoon

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I cannot wait for this game. I think with how vast it sounds, It might be the only game I buy this entire summer because it will take me that long to finish the sucker.;)

ChristopherS

Second Unit
I am quite excited about this game also. I do not purchase many games as I prefer to rent first to see if I am going to like it. I made an exception for Halo, and I will also be purchasing Morrowind as soon as it is available. I am hoping this game will keep my summer occupied.

Chris

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
While you may be able to update the XBox version, you won't have access to what will likely be thousands of user created add ons.
I'd really doubt it that upgrades like the DOA3 add on disk will be come popular. As for upgrading through the internet... you HAVE to have broad band, and furthermore you'll have to pay M$ a monthly fee... I'll pass thank you very much, I'm used to patching games on my PC... but I'm also used to developers (the good ones anyway) spending the time to make my console experience that much better and patchless...
Just think if you had to apply patches to the next offline version of Final Fantasy... I don't think so :)
Brian

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Brian,
I wouldn't worry about the Microsoft monthly fee. It has been reported that the fee will be an annual fee of only $49. Which is only $4.16 a month. Plus, the $49 includes the Xbox communicator.
I also believe Microsoft will start to take advantage of these add-on discs. But I believe it would only be for their big sellers. I guess we just need to wait and see.
In the meantime on waiting for Morrowind, I'm busy playing Hunter!!! The game rocks :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks