1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

El Cid and NetFlix.

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Billy Fogerty, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Billy Fogerty

Billy Fogerty Well-Known Member

I recently received a copy of El Cid from NetFlix. It was a region 2 copy that was awful. From some no name distributor. I called them,and they said they would send me another disc. Well, the same disc came again. Called again,and explained I wanted the Weinstein version that just got released.

I was told that they were'nt able to purchase it,and that was all they had. Checked out Block Busters site and they had the right version. As big as NetFlix is,I find it hard to believe that they can't purchase this title. I have always had such great luck with NetFlix.

2. Jim*Tod

Jim*Tod Well-Known Member

Jim
    Blockbuster has an exclusive deal with the Weinstein company, so that is why this has happened.

3. Jacob McCraw

Jacob McCraw Well-Known Member

They always buy a few copies of everything though - you usually have to wait a long time but they are there.

Netflix does not generally upgrade any titles though if a better edition comes out (SD anyway), but I'm surprised they have Region 2 copies of anything.