What's new

Educational Resources on Flat Panel Displays (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Truhan

Auditioning
Hi,

Soon I will be in the market for a >30" flat pannel display (preferably 16:9), but i really want to learn alot more about what I am getting into. Rather than list all my questions here, I would like to take a more active approach to my research. However it is very difficult to find resources on the internet that are completely unbiased. For example, when trying to read about the differences between plasma technologies and other flat pannel displays i got a website which was sponsored by a large distributor of plasma displays so this was obvsiously biased. Do you guys know of any websites some of my newbie questions will be addressed?

Also what TV would you guys get if you were looking for a flat pannel around teh 30" inch range?

Jonathan Truhan

Auditioning
Thanks!

Where exactly are the FAQs? Searching teh forum has already taught me plenty, but i am sure there is much more in-depth information there.

ALSO, What display would you guys buy?

Rich H

Second Unit
The FAQs, such as the plasma FAQ, remains posted at near the top of all the threads on the plasma forum.

Sorry for my dumbness, but I have to make sure: are you looking for smaller than 30" or (most likely) bigger?
If smaller, I can't help. Bigger...well the sky's the limit.

You haven't given enough to go on, so I can't really advise you. If I had the cash, probably the best plasma out there is the Fujitsu P50 (50") plasma.

If you want to be money-wise, don't get sucked into all the over-priced products from makers who buy plasmas, say they've "improved them" (mostly with a coat of paint) and jack the price way up. Commercial models will be cheaper than consumer models. There are amazing prices over the net.

etc. etc.

You'll learn more over on the plasma/flat panel forum than I have time for at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks