What's new

Educating the masses on OAR, business card style (1 Viewer)

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
Id love to change a few things as well, you had said previously that you had this in a photoshop format with layers, if you dont mind me changing a few things, Id love to make them, i plan on printing these out and putting them all ove North Carolina, well Greensboro and Wilmington anyway!!
Thanks
-Andy
No OAR = No Sale
icon14.gif

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's looking even better!
I prefer the Ghostbusters version to the Mummy Returns -- it's simpler, and so has more punch. I think another one based on Star Wars would also be good.
And yes, when you're finished, it would be nice to have a version for download. I don't have Photoshop, but if it can save as Illustrator format, that would work well. Or, if you have it, making it a PDF doc would also be good.
Keep up the good work!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I think you should slightly desaturize the Pan and Scan part as you did previously with the sides.
~T

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Looks great! Here's another suggestion:
How about making a foldable tent card with a square hole in the middle of the top flap? So, when it's folded you just see a picture of a standard television with a 4:3 picture showing through the small square hole. Then, when you lift the flap, you can see the whole widescreen picture. Maybe that would give you more room to write some text.
Link Removed
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
Michael,
What a Sweet!! Idea. These ideas have great possibilities!! We can't get them to everyone, but it sure could make a lasting impression on those not in the know!!
Andy
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

------------------

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Michael-
That is an excellent idea! It would very clearly show just how much information is lost by the P&S process. It would be great if some studio would underwrite the cost to professionally produce something like this. They could easily include it in every DVD they sell. If they really wanted to do it right, they could even do a different one for each title they release, with a scene from that movie.
Actually, it might not even be necessary to do that for every DVD, as the card might not be necessary for widescreen only DVDs. However, it should definitely be included with all widescreen/P&S DVDs, and perhaps even with P&S versions of movies with separate widescreen and P&S releases. At the very least, they could do it for all of the major releases.
It's easy to talk about how much information is lost in the P&S process, but there's nothing like a picture to SHOW it.
Steve K.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Just to fill you in, CATS & DOGS was filmed open matte as well, except for the cgi shots. You might need a better example. The MUMMY one was perfect. Nice idea. I love the fold-over design. People love visual aides.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Don't worry, Dave. My site looks cluttered to me, too, that's why I'm completely redoing it. If all goes as planned, it will be finished and the new look will be up by the end of the year. It won't go back to be for "Joe Six-Pack", but it's not going to be nearly as cluttered or confusing as it is now. (And that silver/brown font will be history!)
I just wanted to publicly thank Jason for using my site with his idea - which is a great one, by the way! It lets me know that I'm doing *something* right. :)
Hey, Jason, when you get it finalized, let me know. I can convert it to PDF for you if you so desire.
------------------
The Letterbox and Widescreen Advocacy Page
A Member of the Artists Rights Foundation
http://www.widescreen.org

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks