What's new

Edmonton Oilers going to the Stanley Cup! (1 Viewer)

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Well, Sabres gave us a great season. They put up a good fight but just couldnt overcome the injuries. Theres not a doubt in my mind that we would have coasted through this series if we had complete lines. We had 5 guys starting that were pulled up from the minors for this series and still managed to take them to a game 7. Next year will be the year for the Sabres. These guys had heart. But.. since there out, I guess I have no choice but to say.. Go Edmonton!!!!!!!!

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Glad to see a prominent former Blues player will be lifting the cup...I hope it's Pronger instead of Weight. Thanks Bill Laurie for trading him. Moron.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Edmonton didn't get a whole lot of love in terms of the predictions, but I say they are going all the way on the back of Roloson.

Note: Oilers up 3-1 going into the third, let's keep it up.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Great Game. It's a tough loss for the Oilers though. If other games are like this, then we are in for a treat.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy

Not anymore. Apparently Rolly is out for the rest of the series :frowning:

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Holy s&*#... After the 2nd I go out for a run thinking "The Oil have got this locked up"... I come back, I see my friend's (huge oiler fan) MSN name... I'm like, WTF?!

I go on Sportsnet... First read about the loss, damn. Then read about Roloson being injured.

What happened? How was he injured? Man that is the worst luck ever.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Oilers are definitely in deep trouble without Roloson. As for last night, Cam Ward made a couple of jaw-dropping saves in the third period, Pronger's penalty shot goal was a perfect shot, and backup goalie Conklin really screwed up behind the net for the winning Carolina goal. That's a lousy way to decide such a good game. If you have a neutral rooting interest (like me), it was a very entertaining game. I sympathize with all you Oiler fans, though, on the loss of Roloson. If Edmonton loses the series, you'll always wonder "what if?".

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
While Conklin's move was as bone headed as they come it really isn't fair to blame the loss on him as the oilers should have been able able protect a 3 nothing lead. Still without Rolli the goalie I doubt the oilers have a chance since its going to really change how the D have to play if they aren't confident the goalie will make the save.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Feel sorry for the kid, Conklin, coming in in a tough spot and messing up that play behind the goal in the last half minute.

Roloson isn't coming back, huh? Kinda sucks for fans like me with no rooting interest hoping for a good (long) series. I hope the kid is up to the task.

Rob

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I doubt we'll see Conklin again unless Markkanan really stinks...which in all honestly is a very real possibility

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
There's rumours flying around that Roloson might be back for Game 3. I don't know much about it but with all the mind games that have been played every series it almost wouldn't surprise me if he made an appearance.

Oh boy, us Edmonton fans would go completely bonkers on Saturday if he were to come back...here's hopin'.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
While it's not over, it sure felt like it last night. We could be seeing the brooms shortly(sadly).

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
What a game, WHAT. A. GAME! WHAT A GOAL!

ALL drinks for the ENTIRE team are on Staios tonight, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks