What's new

eCost: Denon AVRs: 2805S, 3805S, 2805. Ships 2-5 days. (1 Viewer)

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
ecost and their sister companies (pcmall/clubmac/etc) are out of stock on the 2805 (black) but have some 2805s (silver). I had ordered one of the black models Tuesday for a friend and decided to order me one today to play around with and found out they no longer listed them on their site. I called and fortunately they had an extra due to a declined credit card or something to that effect and was able to pick up one.

For about 600 bucks shipped I got the 2805 plus a 3yr warranty. Saved 300 bucks and got extra warranty... what a deal.

Also got my 2900 from ecost and haven't had a minutes problem with it for almost a year now.

Looks like the 3805s are all sold too. Maybe they'll have the black 3805's soon. I may pick up one of those to play with too.

Benjamin M.

Auditioning
You are very lucky that you were able to get a black 2805. When I talked to the people last week, they said that they were getting them in July 30. So I ordered one, and called back yesterday to see if they had come in. Apparently there was some miscommunication, and the previous representative was talking about the silver 2805's coming in on the 30th. So now I have an order for a black 2805 that is not going to be filled in the near future and I am not sure what to do. They simply said that they don't carry the item anymore; same thing for the black and silver 3805. It's unfortunate because they were an absolute steal.

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
I think there will definitely be more. I was told the same thing back when I ordered my 2900... at first I was told they don't carry them anymore... then they popped up again. Now they are a regular item it seems. Once the market gets saturated with these receivers and more are sent back for minor bugs or issues, etc... and more are produced with minor blemishes or whatever, the refurb dealers are going to buy them in and they'll be available. There will just probably be less available early on.

It could end up being that I will not get a black one and my sales rep could have been confused but he did say that it was black and that it was the 2805 not the 2805s. I suppose I'll know in a few days.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I ordered a silver 2805 last Monday(nothing shipped yet). When I called on Thursday that rep said they didn't have any available date on when they would get them in again. I guess I need to wait and see.

Shaun

Second Unit
I ordered a black 2805 on 07/21. I went to check the order status today and it still shows as back ordered. I called a rep on Friday and they said that the item was still listed as coming in, but have not yet arrived. They told me that if it does not arrive within 7 days after the original arrival date of 07/30, they will contact Denon. I'm getting kind of worried now. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
My rep stated that they would probably not ship until today or tomorrow. He said it usually take 24-48 hours to get inventory into stock and orders processed.

I went through pretty much this same process when I ordered my 2900.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Shaun and Sonnie,

I will wait and see as I am without a receiver as of right now. If it takes to long I may order else where for about $70 more.
Wait and see what happens this week I guess.....
I actually took the silver one as I brought home a Denon 985s to test out and the silver gun color was actually nice..I thought I would hate it....

Maybe silver is the in color as the car we bought last was silver......

chad

Jon*R

Auditioning
My only experience with e-cost was that they ended up telling me they didn't have what they promised. It could have been an accident but I wasn't too happy.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I called later tonight and they said they had some in and would ship most likely tomorrow. No emails yet....

Shaun

Second Unit
Guys,

I'm really starting to get worried here. It doesn't sound like my order for the black 2805 is going to be processed anytime soon.

Another authorized Denon e-dealer Dakmart lists an available black 2805 for $649.98. It's a little more expensive, but at least they have some available. I will give it a few more days.

They also list the 3805 for $849.98.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
$100 more but might be worth it if you don't want to wait it out. I may have to resort to that as well......
I really don't care what color it is. I just opted for silver as I figure less people would want it in that color.

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I called dakmart today and was informed that they did not have the 2805 in stock and wouldn't likely have it for a month. However, they are also on eBay and they have a number of auctions for both the 3805 and 2805. I sent them an email for clarification.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I am giving Ecost until Friday...then either buying a temp reciever or go elsewhere for either a denon for about $`100 more or go with a Yamaha or HK...............

Jon*R

Auditioning
That was my problem with e-cost. They didn't keep their promise and ultimately told me (after inquiry) that they didn't have the model they promised. To me that is simply bait and switch. I quickly cut loose.

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Called Darkmart back and spoke to someone else who confirmed the 2805 in stock and ready to ship immediately. ~$683 shipped w/1 year warranty.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I just got off the phone with them again and now they said up to 2 weeks......I think I am off to somewhere else......maybe even something else..

I also emailed Etronics on the 985s(same as 2805s) and got the following:

"We really apologize for the delay however the manufacturer has been a bit slow in shipping the items to us. They have promised that we will have it here today or tomorrow. Again, we are very sorry about the delay but it should be shipped within a day or two."

So it doesn't seem like any place that has these at a good price has them in stock....

Shaun

Second Unit
I think we all need to be patient. When I last spoke to eCost, they said that if a shipment does not come within 7 days of the original date, they will contact the manufacturer, Denon, to see what is going on. The original date was 07/30. I will give them until next Tuesday. If at that time, it doesn't seem as if this order is ever going to be placed, I will have to look elsewhere. It's just that this deal though is so good, I'd hate to pass it up now, only to check their website later and see that they have finally come in. I'd rather wait and see, then having to pay $400 extra. I'm not in a hurry.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Shaun,
I am receiver less right not though so I miss my setup.......that is why.
Yes I could go to BB or CC and buy a temp receiver but I would rather not do that if I don't have to.

I am checking on some good deals with Pioneer Elites right now as welll.....

later,

chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks