1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

eCOST.com reputable?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Ozzie, May 28, 2003.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie Active Member

I am looking to purchase a receiver on eCost.com.
    Although it's a great deal, I don't know how reputable the company is. I am being extremely cautious because it's an "open box" item (their definition of an "open box item" is just that-not a refurb.). In surfing their site and reading all the legalities, their return policy states that they do not give Money Back Guarantees...
    You can see why I need help and am hesitant for this purchase.

Please, if any of you have dealt with eCost.com before, I need feedback. How was your expirience shopping with them?

Another note: The receiver is an H&K. I called H&K and they told me that eCost.com is not an authorized dealer. I called eCost and the claim that they are...little scetchy but man, what a great price!

Thanks in advance.

2. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Well-Known Member

Alright, here's my dealings with ecost. About a month ago, I saw an amzing deal on a Pioneer Elite PD-F27 300 disc changer factory refurbished for $169. I thought, "Hey, this is too good to pass up, right?" Well, the thing came, and I hooked it up, but it would skip intermittently while playing cd's. Granted, it looked like it came straight from a Pioneer warehouse though. Had Pioneer tape on it, all accessorries, and a 90 day limited warranty sheet. I called ecost, and they told me that due to their process that I have to call Pioneer first. So, I called Pioneer, told the them my problem and where I got it, and the lady wanted nothing to do with me after I told her I bought it from ecost. Called ecost back, and since they did not have anymore in stock they issued me a refund for the item price. However, I was out $13 for shipping it back to those fools. Those are facts, and you can draw your conclusions as you wish.

3. Doug_H

Doug_H Well-Known Member

I haven't had any problems with the various items I have ordered from them so I can't comment on their customer service.

They are the same company as PCMall and MACMall which both have good reputations.

I do take issue with their handling fee which usually means the total shipping is more than most sites.