What's new

EBS shiva question (1 Viewer)

Ryan T

Second Unit
Hi,

I've decided to build an EBS shiva. I want to fallow the Adire plans for the sake of simplicity. I have a few questions before i go and build the box. First can I use a regular 4" PVC pipe without too much port noise? If I have to use a flared vent kit can i use this one instead of the adire port?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...D=117898&DID=7 .

It looks like it's the same thing adire sells but cheaper. I also have some other things I've been wanting to get from PE so I could save on shipping. I figure if i go for the 4" PVC vent I could always enlarge the hole and put a flared vent in there. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Ryan

TimForman

Supporting Actor
You don't HAVE to use a flared port but it's recommended. The kit from PE is the same thing.

Ryan T

Second Unit
So the PE flared vent has the exact same measurements as the adire vent? If thats the case I should be able to build the box to adire's specs and just plop the Pe vent in right. Also how much polyfil (if any) should I use inside the box?

Thanks,
Ryan

Jeff Meininger

Second Unit
The PE 4-inch flared port is made by "precision sounds" or something. Like Tim says, the Adire port is the same thing. I also believe the SVS port is the same exact thing, too.

I wouldn't use any polyfill stuffing. You might want to line the cabinet walls with poly batting, though. Unless you go nuts with it and use way too much, lining the walls won't change the alignment by a significant amount.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Yes, an EBS Shiva should use 142L Vb and the full-length PE 4" "Precision Port". This is an excellent sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks