What's new

Ebay Issue (1 Viewer)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone been looking at an ebay auction and within the auction there is a link to view more pictures? I clicked the link and it brings me up to an ebay login screen. I don't think that it's real.

Could this be a way for someone to get ebay passwords?

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Copy and paste the URL of the linky in question, or pass over the auction number or something, and we'll figure it out.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Ebay seems to be putting more and more functions "behind" the login. You used to be able to search completed items without having to sign in, but now they require you to do so. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that they are using the same policy for viewing additional pictures.

James T

Screenwriter
One way to check is to log in first, then view the auciton. If it still asks to enter your eBay login, then you know it's a scam.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
quote:One way to check is to log in first, then view the auciton. If it still asks to enter your eBay login, then you know it's a scam.

Either that or your browser is having trouble accepting cookies.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I have been using Ebay for 4+ years now and have never seen this. You do not have to log in to Ebay to view more photos. If the link is within the auction description, then I would assume it is a method to collect your Ebay username and password.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks