What's new

Easter Parade Not a Two-Disc Set (1 Viewer)

Dom

Stunt Coordinator
If any title in Canada have either French writing on it (I love the French btw, it's just the writing that annoys me especially on front covers ), are Alliance Atlantis releases or have missing content from comparable US discs (like the one in this thread), I make a wish list and order from deepdiscountdvd.com's sale in Nov., @20% off normally discounted price.

Nuff said for me..

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert

Yes, there is a Canadian box with the single-disc Easter Parade.

Brendon

Second Unit
Just received the single disc, Canadianized version without the Judy documentary from my usual supplier after ordering the the two disc SE from them.

I could cry.

Does anyone know if The Band Wagon has been subjected to the same treatment ?

Oh well, time to order from a US based, US sourcing retailer for Easter Parade methinks....

Brendon

DavidBC

Second Unit
Just to clarify for a poor Canadian: is all of disc two with all of its features missing, or have the features other then the Garland documentary been moved on to disc one? (this seems unlikely, but I can hope, can't I?)

Brendon

Second Unit
DavidBC,

From the back cover of the Canadianized single disc version:

Special Features

New didigtal transfer from restored picture and audio elements.

Commentary by Fred Astaire's daughter Ava Astaire McKenzie and Judy Garland biographer John Friche.

Subtitles: English, Francais and Espanol.

New making-of documentary Easter Parade: On The Avenue.

Outtake musical number Mr. Monotony.

Audio only bonuses: Radio production with the film's stars.

Radio promo.

Hope this helps,

Brendon

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Maybe there was some sort of a rights issue here? Either way I have purchased my copy from an American retailer. Looking forward to watching it on Easter.

Andy

DavidBC

Second Unit
Amazon.ca now has Band Wagon 2-disc listed as an import! Are us unfortunate Canadians missing something on this one too? Is this my punishment for getting "Giant" so many years ago?

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I rented the Canadian version of The Band Wagon and it turns out it is missing something -- the "Two-Faced Woman" outtake. I have no idea what kind of rights issue could have caused that, but again, I'd advise my fellow Canadians not to buy this from a Canadian source.

On the plus side, I just got an email saying that my copy of the real, non-Canadianized Classic Musicals collection has shipped from amazon.com so maybe they're finally getting their act together when it comes to shipping boxed sets on time.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
That doesn't make any sense!! I'm sure that "Two-Face woman" out take is on the "That's Entertainment" set.

Warner better have some answers to their Canadian homies on the next chat!

Barrie, any words from Warners?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
upping this thread...

I wish I hadn't overlooked it cause I fell victim to the trimmed down Musicals Collection this morning and I'm really heated. I'm not gonna return the entire set so now I've gotta track down the 2-disc standalone version of Easter Parade.

I want to know why this has happened?

If Warners plans on doing this with all their upcoming boxsets than I am certain they will certainly lose more than a few supporters, and I am definitely one of them, loyal at that.

These WB boxsets are some of the most exciting purchases for me all year and upon each release announcement my anticipation builds... all I can say is this is a huge dissapointment.

I've been told by a retail clerk today that this particular store in Montreal should be receiving the Warner Classic Comedy Collections "soon"... whatever that means. I had been counting down the days and this normally would have been a release day purchase for me, but unfortunately that option has been rendered impossible thanks to the distribution Warner got with this set. :thumbsdown:

I really hope somebody raises this issue in the upcoming chat because I do not want to see this trend picking up and right now I fear the worst.

I will continue to stick by my guns and refuse to purchase any boxsets over the internet as no matter what the offer or mark-down, it's still cheaper and more convenient to pick up in local retailer, plus they always seem to arrive with knicked corners or dented. That's unacceptable for my money. Plus it's more exciting to drive down to the store and pick a fresh copy off the shelf.

I really would like to know what the problem has been with Warners latest box-sets getting proper distribution up here in Canada. It's ironic that in my city alone, I've seen more specialty stores for DVD and home video specific retail shops catering to an enthusiast market than I have anywhere else in the world I've traveled (most major U.S. cities I've found being limited to mainstream chain stores like Best Buy and Circuit City, etc.) yet our market is being sabotaged by such incidinces.

Barrie, please let us know if you've received any updates from Warner Home Video.

* I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the cashier I spoke with earlier today knows what she's talking about regarding the Classic Comedies Collection. It's not the first time I've been told that by a retail clerk and I mentioned that I heard a rumor that the set wasn't getting Canadian distribution but she assured me that was not the case and it was simply delayed. Eitherway, I don't think it's fair that we should have to be subject to this. I hope we get an update on the situation.

I'm really dissapointed about my Easter Parade disc, the Garland documentary was a huge pull for me.

Anyone wanna buy a brand new Easter Parade DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks