1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Early Details - "ELF"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Patrick Mirza, May 14, 2004.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Well-Known Member

Director and actor Jon Favreau has started talking about the upcoming disc release of his blockbuster holiday film Elf. The DVD, part of New Line's Infinifilm line of special editions, will include "Beyond-the-Movie" extras such as audio commentary tracks, loads of deleted footage, multiple behind-the-scenes featurettes, storyboards, "kid-friendly" material and more. In addition, look for the disc specs to feature anamorphic widescreen, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS Surround audio tracks. Elf will be available in the fourth quarter, in time for the Christmas shopping season.

2. JoshB

JoshB Well-Known Member

Glad to see New Line is giving a very good film a deserved special edition (could we expect any less from them). It's fitting to release it around Novemeber and it tiem for X-Mas, but that's nearly a year to when it was released in theaters, quite a long turn around time even for a largely successful film. Either way, they should do the film justice with their Infinifilm treatment.

3. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Well-Known Member

4. Tim_C

Tim_C Well-Known Member

I'm glad it's getting some good extras. I was pleasantly surprised by the film when I saw it, quite funny (and clean,) so, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up buying it.

5. Jeff*S*C*

Jeff*S*C* Well-Known Member

Holy cow, I just realized this movie wasn't out on DVD yet. I wonder why it's taking so long. I guess a X-Mas movie just wouldn't sell good after the holidays.

6. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Well-Known Member

We now have a release date:

November 16th

7. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Well-Known Member

[Keanu]Whoa...[/Keanu]

In a day and age when DVDs are seemingly released weeks after a theatrical run ends (and in the case of LoTR, sometimes DURING a run), this really strikes me as odd. Will this be nearly a year from theater to DVD? I feel like I'm back in the 80s! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Well-Known Member

Actually, it happens quite a lot for holiday movies. The studios think - probably correctly - that a Christmas-oriented flick will sell better if it streets in November than in June. Among others, Grinch and Santa Clause 2 also waited about a year for their DVD releases.

9. Eric_B_C

Eric_B_C Well-Known Member

I think I'm the only person that hated this movie. I thought Will Ferrell ruled the free world. Then I saw Elf, and now I can't stand the guy.

Ah well, love it or not, a great DVD is a great DVD.

10. David Levy

David Levy Well-Known Member

So wait, you would buy this movie, a movie you hated, and turned a favourite actor into someone you 'can't stand' purely on the strength of the DVD?

Maybe its just me, but that makes no sense.

11. Eric_B_C

Eric_B_C Well-Known Member

No no, not at all. I wouldn't buy it. What I was commenting on was the fact that it sounds like it's going to be a loaded DVD, and I'm happy to see a movie, ANY movie NOT get a bare bones release.

So I was merely praising the fact that it's getting a good release, even though I didn't like the film.

Hope that clarifies[​IMG]

12. TomWoodward

TomWoodward Well-Known Member

Full disc specs:

1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
    4:3 Full Screen Presentation
    Infinifilm Fact Track for Elf
    English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
    English Dolby 2.0 Surround Track
    Spanish Dolby 2.0 Surround Track
    Two Audio Commentaries with Director & Will Ferrell
    Film School for Kids Featurette
    Tag along with Will Ferrell Featurette
    How they made the North Pole Featurette
    Kids on Christmas Featurette
    Selection of Elf Deleted Scenes
    Elf Karaoke & Read-Along Story
    Elf Decoder Card and More
    Buddy's Adventure Game
    DVD-ROM Features: Weblink Etc
    English, Spanish Subtitles

And artwork can be viewed here

13. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Well-Known Member

I wonder if the specs have changed because what Patrick is mentioning and what Tom has mentioned are different. What dvdfile has mentioned is different too but more inline with what Patrick has mentioned. So who is right?