1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

DVI to Component Connections

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by G-Fresh, Apr 22, 2007.

1. G-Fresh

G-Fresh Auditioning

Hello,
    I have a Mitsubishi WS-65411 HDTV and a Samsung HD841 dvd player. The Dvd player is upconverting via DVI-D but the TV only has component inputs. I have been trying to find out if there is a way to get a DVI-D to component cable and if that would work. Or if there was some type of converter or other device that would allow my dvds to be upconverted.
    Thanks [​IMG]
    Robert

2. leafswillwin

leafswillwin Stunt Coordinator

3. G-Fresh

G-Fresh Auditioning

I will give this a try. Thanks John!

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Let us know how this works.

My concern is that the up-converting devices only work with DVI/HDMI outputs because Hollywood requires that copy-protection be built in (which is part of the DVI spec).

This is why you wont find any up-converting devices that pump the signal out the component jacks.

Those little adapters may work for a computer signal, but wont re-assure the DVD player that you dont have a recorder attached. It may appear to work - but you will only get 480p (and you may as well just hook to the component outputs on the DVD player for this).

5. G-Fresh

G-Fresh Auditioning

I tried this and alas it didn't work. I connected the adapter to the dvd player and then the tv and no signal came through. Another user pointed me to a website called videohelp.com. This site has a section called dvd hacks. I was able to find my model number in that section and read up on what was available. They had a code that made the player HDCP free. It worked! Now I am able to upconvert over component cables. Check out that site and see if it has a hack for your player.