What's new

DVE confusing me with my 2808CI (1 Viewer)

AmusingistheDawn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Yea, everything is crisp and in your face. Like that old maxell commercial! I still don't quite understand bass mgt. The sub seems to work as hard as the mains when I'm in pure direct mode, and it definitely looses some punch when I switch out of it.

AmusingistheDawn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
After some more trial and error, I've found that the sub still remained in the backround. Even if I turn the Audyssey EQ off, the sub still doesn't sound strong enough. The overal sound does sound MUCH cleaner with Audyssey turned on though. I goosed the volume on the sub itself and it would have to be at 95 percent to actually sound the way I want. I went in the channel levels and found that everything was at 0 or less except for the two surrounds at +2db. Without my meter, I goosed the sub to +5db and it came alive! I have the crossovers all set to 100hz which sound good to me now that the sub is working better.

What is the EXT SUB IN Level? It is at +15, I didn't change this and I don't notice a difference when I do change it.

All in all...I've found that overal sound still sounds better (cinema only) with the audyssey eq on, however...I had to change the frequency of the speakers, and also goose the sub channel level to get it where I feel good. However...this all may change with the more time I spend messing with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks