What's new

DVDSoon has a great preorder deal ... will they stick to it? (1 Viewer)

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I haven't ordered from DVDSoon before, but they have a very attractive price on Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home Collector's Edition. However, I have heard that sometimes vendors advertise one price for pre-orders and then charge a higher price when the item ships.

Anyone want to give me any opinions on DVDSoon?

BTW, I couldn't decide whether to put this in the Vendor Feedback forum or here in Coupons and Bargains. I chose the latter so people could hear about this great deal! :)

Andrew V

Stunt Coordinator
I would have to say, Stay away from DVDSoon.com. While you do get “locked-in” on the price that your ordered it at, they really don’t follow through with shipping.

In my last and finial business with them, I ordered a Pre-Ordered a DVD over four months in advance to be sure that I’d get it on the scheduled street date. Well, about 12 days before release, I get an e-mail saying that it’s been shipped. "Great", I think, I'll have it ahead of time. I sure was wrong on this one. About two weeks after that e-mail and well past the release date, it finally shows up. Upon opening up of the Set, I find the 2nd and 3rd Disc loose in the box and as a result both scratched up.

If you aren’t in a hurry to get your DVD, then by all means order from them. If not, then in my opinion, I would stay away.

If you would like to see other’s Feedback on DVDSoon.com then check out the following site: DVD Price Search- Vendor Reviews

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My one and only experience with DVDSoon was OK. I pre-ordered Back to The Future trilogy. I paid for the first class shipment and got my order by the street date. I have a feeling that the free shipping method is the one where packages are mistreated and the shipment probably goes via the Yukon before it reaches the States.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I've ordered a few times from DVDSoon. Two instances were pre-orders (Sports Night and Back To The Future). BTTF showed up a few days after street date, but Sports Night was a couple of weeks late in arriving.

I did order a couple of catalog titles recently, and they were shipped very quickly. Unfortunately, this shipment was for some reason sent with a signature required, so I had to make a special trip to the Post Office to get my package.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Unlike most vendors, DVDSoon charges your credit card as soon as you order. Then some months later, you get the discs. "Soon" is a ridiculous term to apply to these characters. It took over 2 months after the release date to get the pre-ordered Dark Shadows collection 2 from them. At least they finally sent it, after a few pesky emails from me.

BradG

Stunt Coordinator
I have ordered a couple of times from DVDSoon, but I don't have any intentions of doing so again:

1. As previously stated, they charge your CC right away, and then send later. (ie. I order 4 discs, 2 of which were in stock, 2 which were to take a couple of weeks - I was charged for the entire order right away).

2. Their prices are higher than other Cdn retailers (generally) - My first choice is always Link Removed then www.amazon.ca

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered Sunset Boulevard from Dvdsoon.com on Nov. 26, 2002. I finally received it yesterday Feb. 12, 2003. To say they're slow is an understatement, then again I used the free shipping option. The disc arrived off the center hub. I checked for scratches but it looked clean. I played it all the way through including all extras with no problem. This time I was lucky.

I'll use Dvdsoon.com if I'm not in a hurry for a particular title because their prices are pretty good. I've also noticed every time I've ordered from them that the price is ALWAYS more on my credit card statement. I called Visa and they explained they charge an additional 2% of the total purchase price because the purchase was made outside of the USA, standard proceedure for all credit card companies, so be aware you'll always pay a bit more when using a credit card.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks