What's new

DVDs with good surround effects: Which one should be the first? (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Toy Story 2 opening credits and the entire Video Game scene is a very good quality to all around effects, but TPM and FOTR are the top on my list and the LOTR's suggestions just just from how much I am hearing about it from other threads.

My copy was shipped yesterday so I should be getting it Monday!! Woo hoo!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Less aggressive than, say, TPM, but nonetheless fantastic 5.1 sound can be found on ANACONDA. Not a masterpiece, I admit, but worth having JUST for the ambient sound, which contains such an enveloping jungle environment that you feel you are there. The superbits release should be dynamite.

John_W_Jr

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched the SB version of Bram Stoker's Dracula last night--very impressive! Lots of really eerie sound effects, voices, and mutterings coming from the surrounds that sure sent the chill factor up several notches. Hadn't seen this movie since I rented it on VHS, had 2 channel sound, and a 27" tv.
I recommend it!

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
The Others gets another nomination... especially the scenes when you hear footsteps all around... awesome play of surround...

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
i second U-571 and add The Thin Red Line which is way more than battle scenes....
...or Dances with Wolves ... or....or...
I like surround sound. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks