What's new

DVDprofiler.com down? (2 Viewers)

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

For those of you unfamiliar with how to do a hard refresh, first go to dvdprofiler.com. If you still get the Temporarily Unavailable message then perform a hard refresh by:

Holding the Control Key down while clicking on the Refresh button.

Jay Taylor

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
dannyB:
They are working now. IVS has imposed a limit on the number of free account members that can be browsing at a time. I posted the message that IVS had at their forum previously in this thread.

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Ah crap, not again! :frowning:

Temporarily Unavailable
DVDProfiler.com is temporarily unavailable as we perform routine maintenance.
Please check back in a few minutes.

(Before anyone asks, yes I did do a hard refresh, and yes I am a paid member)

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Well, they've said that their host has loaned them what I interpreted as "crap hardware" to tide them over....might be the cause of the ongoing problem.

Of course, the site went down immediately after I bought my subscription (as in, trying to click out of the confirm page) so it might be my fault, too.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Still down over an hour after your post Mike. Let's hope this isn't a repeat performance.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I haven't been able to access neither the DVDProfiler site nor the database in the software. I need to enter two new DVDs I ordered and it's not connecting.

Skip Magly

Agent
Well Shayne of course it's your fault;) .....NOT. They are back up again, we can ecpect this little hiccups for awhile based on my own experiences in this area. When they get their new "hot" server we might even lose them for a few days again while they migrate to it, however if they do it right that should not happen but who knows.

Skip

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Can somebody please help me out here. I'm practically pulling my hair out. This is very weird and frustrating. I can log onto dvdprofiler.com at work fine but at home where I have DVD Profiler installed, I cannot and of course the software doesn't connect either to get updates on the database. Online collections I couldn't care less about, it's the software itself that's the problem. I don't understand why I can get on the site at work but not at home, and it's the same ISP. Any tips? I was browsing the DVD Profiler forum at work and it seems it's pretty much back 100% yet I can even get the site to load...

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Try restoring/repairing the database on the version that's not working. It's one of the options in the upper left corner. If there's a corruption it can cause all kinds of odd side effects.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Are some of you able to refresh your online profile list?

I've tried several times over the last few days and I keep getting the same message:

"Unable to download file. Continue anyway?"

I get this same message for each refresh category:
  • Online Profile List
  • Alias List
  • Online Retailer Information
  • Online Pricing Information
  • Conversion Rates
  • Plugin Registration
This of course means I am unable to update my database. Reading some of these messages, it appears some of you are able to refresh your databases?

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Well, I finally gave up and decided to reinstall DVD Profiler to see if that might work. Sure enough, now I can refresh my database. So if others are experiencing a similar problem, I'd suggest that you consider reinstalling DVD profiler - and if you haven't already, this would be a good time to download the most current version (2.2 Build 744). Just be sure to make a current back up of your database before you uninstall your current DVD Profiler.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
The problem now is apparently a huge backlog of contributions thus the database is missing many DVDs that have been announced and even released over the last few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks