What's new

Dvdaf.com Down? (1 Viewer)

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I tried to connect but I could not get onto the site. The problem with both of those sites have to do with the Internet Router that the sites use. I found this info on a Yahoo Group which I am a member of & it says:

February 15, 2003 Announcement: Our router is almost gone, it stays up for small periods of time and then dies. Normal service is likely to be restored around Wednesday or Thursday. We apologize for the inconvenience. You can help us to pay for a new router by making a donation. Thanks.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
The site is working for me at the moment, but I don't know if it is back for good.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I got a mail today saying they are up

No details however, but I kinda doubt they would word it that way if they expect to go down again. The router info is also removed from their front page, so I guess they are really back in business.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Nothing like going to my collection for the 1st time in a week a finding it's all wiped out. crap........:frowning:

Mark Lemmond

Stunt Coordinator
What's wrong with dvdaf.com now you can look at the main page but your collection is gone and it does not recognize any usernames? Also the search features don't work.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I only use DVD Aficionado to keep track of the upcoming DVD releases, but unfortunately they have all been erased. :frowning:

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Yesterday I received a bulk email from them asking for a donation.

Today my entire collection is wiped from their database.

What the heck is going on?

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
They are obviously having some kind of technical glitch since no titles show up if you do a search.

I would give them a week to fix things before I get worried.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
My entire list is also gone at DVDAficionado. Glad I still use DVDTracker and have a list available for my records.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Yikes! My collection is gone too!!

This isn't good! :frowning:

Couldn't they give us some warning? Hopefully they'll be back up soon.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
As Bill J said, it is probably a technical glitch.

Also take into consideration that the site may have been hacked. I'm not saying that DVD Aficionado was hacked but it could have been hacked since they are dirty people on the Internet who would hack a site.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I hope it's not that our colletions are gone, but the whole database is missing, when you search for ANY title, nothing shows up, so our collections are probably ok if they fix this.
If not, I'm screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks