What's new

DVD to TV connection (1 Viewer)

bladoom

Auditioning
Real Name
bladislav
I can't seem to figure out how to connect my new tv with an old DVD player. There is no HDMI input in the DVD player. And the tv model is samsung le-40d503 f7w . And the tv does not have an AUX input. Please help.

bladoom

Auditioning
Real Name
bladislav
Can you guys give me a suggestion, what kind of DVD player should i buy. And i would also what to be able to play surround sound while plugged in my laptop with hdmi. Thanks in advance.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Last time I was at "any store in America" that sold DVD players, they had a cheap one for $40. Heck even my neighborhood grocery store had a stack of GPX HDMI DVD players for $35(they keep a stack next to the RedBox).Do you want a "cheapy", or do you want a good one?And what is this "surround sound"? And what is this computer and the content you wish to stream? There is a whole ball of wax getting "surround sound" from a computer. Just saying "computer with HDMI" is like walking into an auto parts store and saying "I need a part for my car".

bladoom

Auditioning
Real Name
bladislav
Well lets say I want a cheap one and the surround is 5.1 .
What about plugging a laptop to the tv?
The content I am playing are Blu ray movies.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If your computer plays BD, it will play DVD.If you still wish to use this DVD player, then you need a sound system/AVR with HDMI upconversion.Onkyo HT-S6500 is your least expensive option.If you buy a newer* DVD player (look up the Panasonic S77. You can find them used) with HDMI, you could get the Onkyo 5500.*You do not need a new DVD or BD player. HDMI has been around long enough there are probably 500 for sale on Ebay today under $75.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks