1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

DVD Storage

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Bob_Lawrance, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Bob_Lawrance

Bob_Lawrance Well-Known Member

Hey Guys

I am not sure if this is the right place but what do most people do with all of your DVDs?

Thanks in advance.

2. Harpozep

Harpozep Well-Known Member

I put 5-7 thousand of them out for rent at my store. Then I have a custom made oak bookcase styled shelf for a few hundred of them at my house. Then the overstock gets put in magazine boxes and stored. Once a year I cull out things that will never be watched again and sell them. I did this recently with a lot of action movies and TV series box sets.

I will never have enough time on earth to watch all I own, so some have to go. Besides, we are now buying HD discs[​IMG]

3. Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley Well-Known Member

Hi Bob. I have mine on 4 6ft. shelves on the back wall of my theater. Each shelf will hold about 115 dvds. Oh yeah, they are all in alphabetical order. It makes it easier to find a particular movie.

4. JJMJ71

JJMJ71 Well-Known Member

I am in the process of building my home theater and decided to build a slideout DVD type storage area. I wanted to try and keep the room looking as clean as possible and keep the focus on the screen. Here are some dimensions and pictures of the slideout that I am currently building. Dimensions are 16" deep X 17" wide X 5' 6" tall. the actual area that slides through the studs is around 15" wide. Since I am new on the forum I cannot post urls (pictures). I am sure that they are searching on key words, if you insert this into the browser heading it should still come up. jjmallrich.googlepages.com/home