What's new

DVD Storage Racks? (1 Viewer)

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Brandon,

I will shortly be purchasing a Leslie Dame CD-1500 Storage Rack. Was recommended by a few people here awhile back.

Here are a couple of links:

StandsandMounts

or

RacksandStands

I tried to see if one or both were HTF sponsors but did not find them and I am not endorsing one over the other.

Both places have other configurations available so if the ones above are overkill then you have a place to start searching.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I use 2 kinds both look good, but are fairly inexpensive. The first is from Ikea. There are three racks in this pic. They hold 302 DVDs each and are around $50.

The second is retail slatwall. Prices vary based on options for the wall itself (search on slatwall), but the shelves hold around 75-80 discs and are about $8 each. This is what I will be using in a new home we are building. Some of the shelves also work with pegboard.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I bought the stuff in the picture from a store going out of business. I haven't decided where to buy my next batch for our new house yet. I did a yahoo search on slatwall and got some good prices, I just want to compare it will a local purchase. Try looking up retail supplies or something like in the yellow pages for local places.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Adam,

Do you have a name and/or part number of the IKEA racks?

Browsed their website but couldn't see one that matched your picture above.

Thanks

Colin

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
ORANGE PICO STORE EQUIPMENT CO
3182 E. LAPALMA
ANAHEIM, CA 92806
Tel.: 714 632-8044

Could probably send you a catalog. Not sure where you are located. I did three store fronts using these guys, and got to take home the surplus.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
ORANGE PICO STORE EQUIPMENT CO
3182 E. LAPALMA
ANAHEIM, CA 92806
Tel.: 714 632-8044

Could probably send you a catalog. Not sure where you are located. I did three store fronts using these guys, and got to take home the surplus.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I can't remember the part number for the racks and I suppose saying it was a Swedish sounding name wouldn't help either. It wasn't online when we bought it. It may be in their catalog. It comes in beech or white. We painted it black.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I can't remember the part number for the racks and I suppose saying it was a Swedish sounding name wouldn't help either. It wasn't online when we bought it. It may be in their catalog. It comes in beech or white. We painted it black.

Kevin G.

Second Unit
My DVD collection isn't quite as substantial as Adam's,
but I had an old vertical bookshelf @ 11 in. wide and 6 ft tall. I cut it in half and actually used them as my main stands. They're fairly heavy and work great for stands... the bookshelves double as a nice storage area for my collection.

Kevin G.

Second Unit
My DVD collection isn't quite as substantial as Adam's,
but I had an old vertical bookshelf @ 11 in. wide and 6 ft tall. I cut it in half and actually used them as my main stands. They're fairly heavy and work great for stands... the bookshelves double as a nice storage area for my collection.

Brian E

Screenwriter
I recently decided to dump all of my various racks & stuff. I pulled all of my DVD's & CD's from there cases and put them in Case Logic Pro Sleeves. They are all stored in a Leslie Dame library style cabinet.
http://www.standsandmounts.com/index...OD&ProdID=2046

I think it looks great, I got sick of the video store/Best Buy look my room was starting to have.

Right now my cabinet has approx. 1,000 DVD's & 450 CD's in it and there is still tons of room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks