1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

DVD Slideshow Software

Discussion in 'Photography' started by MikeGee, Jul 31, 2006.

1. MikeGee

MikeGee Well-Known Member

Hey guys

Recently me and my friends just took a vacation and we have quite a few hundred photos amongst the 7 of us. Since this was a pretty significant trip i'd like to put all the photos together on my spare time and put'em on a DVD to play in my dvd player as like a slideshow, i was looking for somthing a little more fancy than just 1 photo after another. I was wondering if anyone knew any good programs out there that could help me out. Preferably any good freeware cause my budget is a little down right after this trip.

Thanks alot
    ~mikeG

2. Ari

Ari Well-Known Member

If you want freeware then get iPhoto...comes free with all new Macs =). For the PC, the best I've tried is ProShow Gold but it's not freeware.

3. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Well-Known Member

I've seen a demonstration of the package that's included standard with Macs; very, very nice.

For free and for a Windows PC, Photo Story (now at version 3) is capable of helping you produce snazzy slideshows with accompanying music and so-called 'Ken Burns effects' (automated zooming and panning of subjects in a still), and more. One shortcoming is that you can't easily sync the pictures to the music; that's available in the pro version which isn't free.

If interested, here's a link.