What's new

DVD Release Window and the Movie Theater versus Television viewing experience. (1 Viewer)

Gary Palmer

Stunt Coordinator
Mark:

After I'd explained the reason for the thread's change of direction in post #61 ("As happens sometimes, this discussion began to travel in a particular direction, sparked by Peter Jackson's decision to announce the DVD release date for KING KONG before the movie is even completed, let alone playing in theaters"), this is all you can come up with, by way of response? As if you somehow 'own' the thread, and can dictate its content and direction at will?

I rest my case. Like I said, one more hostile posting, and that would be the end of the debate for me. I'm outta here.

SteveJKo

Second Unit

Elijah, yes indeed it's the first Super Panavision / Todd-AO format film to be produced in almost a decade, the last one being Kenneth Branaugh's (sp?) version of Hamlet. By the way, it's five perf, not four. Sorry for being anal, but I'm a nut about this format!

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
5-perf... which makes it something like Super-65mm, right? :p)

I bet you that soon the resolution power of the digital stuff at Weta will be good enough to support 65mm. And they will eventually master the anamorphic thing, too. It's a shame, because both Kong and Rings would have been marvelous in 65mm.

Praises to Terry Malick! Maybe he'll make it "cool" again. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks