What's new

DVD+R playback on XP30 (1 Viewer)

Jim Williams

Second Unit
I have a Panasonic XP30 that I love but when I try to play any burned DVDs I get pixellation and freezes. When I play the same disk on my RP91, it plays perfectly. Anybody have any clue as to why this might be?

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
I have had zero problems playing back DVD+R and +RW discs on my XP30 that I have burned on my PC. But I use good quality media like Memorex, some authoring/burning software and media has problems on different players. I use Nero v6 burning software with an Optorite DVD+-RW drive and TMPGenc DVD authoring software, also DVD-shrink.

Jim Williams

Second Unit
I use Memorex and Imation, and Nero 6 for burning, so I am using good quality media and software. I just don't understand why DVDs I burn play flawlessly on my RP91 and just about not at all on my XP30.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
What about authoring software? How are you creating the data before you burn it? What model DVD burner drive are you using?

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Its most likely the NEC drive, its firmware, or that Sonic software. Try TMPGENC DVD author, it has a free trial.

matt-f

Second Unit
3 quotes responces from experences after the update reguarind DVD-R from AVS members:
"Sango,

I have a DVD-R I burned that has a bad spot in it near the end of the movie where it would hang and stop playing on my RP-91. After upgrading to v262 it plays all the way through now. There is still a little glitch at the bad spot... but at least it doesn't stop playing like before. Maybe I'll try some DVD+R's now that mimason had success with them.

Thanks again for all your help and keep us posted of any other upgrades!" - Yawny

"Upped my RP-56 from rev.056 to rev.062 firmware last night. One very noticable difference that I haven't seen mentioned here: I had a few DVD-Rs that a friend had sent me that would always play in my 56, but with stuttering about every 5 seconds. It was annoying enough to render them unwatchable. After the firmware upgrade, all three discs play just fine with no stuttering whatsoever.

I also ran through some test patterns on Avia to see if I could tell any difference, and ended up having to adjust a few of the sharpness-related settings in my Hitachi's service menu. With the new firmware, the 56 seems to have a much more detailed picture. This was especially evident with the 6.75mHz pattern on the TVL200 resolution test, especially after adjusting my set's aperature control to compensate.

In other words, THANKS! This was absolutely worth the download, and made a noticable difference in picture quality on my player." - Jeremy Anderson

"Sango! You are the man!

I just used your update ISO and update my Panasonic RP62 & RP91. I haven't check out the RP91 yet for differences, but I have NEVER been able to play DVD+R or DVD+RW discs on the RP62 and now I can play both of them (along with the DVD-R/RW's I have previously been able to play)!

I REALLY appreciate your posting this ISO as it has made my RP62 MUCH more compatible now!

Oh, and for those who have Alcohol 120% I used it and it worked flawlessly!" - FrankS
------------------------

You may want to read the update thread of mine here. I think it will most likely fix your problem.

Other changes are also mentioned in the main official thread but you gotta spend some good time reading to follow up on what's been improved so far.

matt-f

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks