What's new

DVD Profiler 3.0 is out (1 Viewer)

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I think any that work in 'keyboard' mode, or whatever it's called, will work. Basically it decodes the barcode and sends it as text just like you entered it via the keyboard. A 'light pen' would be the cheapest route.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
FYI: On 05/28/07, DVD Profiler 3.0.3 was released. Apparently you have to update to this version before you can add new titles.

I just tried with version 3.0.1 and when I went to add to my collection, it gave me an error.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Yeah, that situation only occurs when there has been a change to the database format, rather than just a change in the program itself.

kevin_y

Stunt Coordinator
Am I missing it, or does DVD Profiler not show whether a film is in color or B/W or both?

Is there a DVD catalog tool that stores the name(s) of the audio commentator(s)?

Is DVDAF the only place that shows whether a DVD is discontinued?

Frankly, every tool has its strengths and shortcomings. I'm using IMDB My Movies to catalog my "movie collection", but, of course, it doesn't have any DVD info. So I have to use another tool for cataloguing DVD info.

Also, no tool I know of stores the director/cast/crew, etc. of those DVD bonus features, such as the bonus documentary on the Citizen Kane DVD. Considering the often huge amount of features on DVDs these days, there's whole lot of info not made available and searchable by these cataloguing software. Yes, I know a lot of the DVD features are useless EPK promo stuff, but there's often some important stuff too.

Do most of you use more than one tool?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Of course I do.

DVDAf...despite all the changes that we made recently.
DVDSpot...still my favorite.
DVDTown...I'm kinda spposed to.
DVDProfiler...just because I'm anally retentive.

:)

BrandonJF

Second Unit

Not something I should be ashamed of, frankly. Your comment makes absolutely no sense. I was responding to someone claiming you could only load in 50 titles with the free version.

Newsflash - they DO offer a free version, so if the developers don't have a problem with me using it, again, FOR FREE, than why should you?

JulianK

Supporting Actor

Your comment "I imported 2000 titles into 3.0 and haven't paid a dime" struck me as being rather boastful, especially when several other posters have mentioned that they're more than happy to pay for the program.

The company does offer a free version, no doubt with the intention of letting you see if it's suitable for your needs, before you buy. That you're happy to exploit their goodwill - and cheerily make free with their bandwidth - speaks volumes.

If you think the program is suitable for your needs, surely you're morally obliged to pay for it?

Anyone who has a collection of two thousand titles, but will wiggle out of paying thirty bucks for the software to catalogue them comes across as, well, rather cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks