What's new

DVD Profiler 3.0 is out (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Arnie: I just tried to edit a title and had no problem.

In fact, the software even recommended that I update the title profile since there was a newer one available...and then dumped me right into the edit window.

Can't imagine why you're running into difficulty.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
When I imported my most recent backup into 3.0 it told me during the install that a number of titles had been flagged.

However, now I cannot find which titles were flagged. It seems to me like there are none. The only way I'd know if any titles were missing would be to run a report and do an inventory of what's on the shelf.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
Mike, to find the titles that have been flagged, go to Collection: Flags: Load set

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thanks, Arnie. I just did that. And the "flagged DVDs all showed up at the top of my list. Which is weird since they were already all included in my collection like there was nothing wrong. I don't know why they need to be flagged.

What came up are some baseball titles (2004 World Series, etc.), Eraserhead, a couple of criterions, one of those promo Barnes & Noble 31 Days to Oscar discs, some DVD-As and video music DVDs...stuff like that.

So, I just tapped the "Title" bar and put them back into the collection where they were.

Can anyone explain to me why I should care that they are "flagged?"

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Mike, I had the same problem with the 2004 WS being flagged. But f you do a search for that title, it's not in the database. It was in the old (InterVocative) but not in the new. That's why it is probably flagged.

I also had a few titles that were in the new database, but were flagged. I just re-added them and they are fine now.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member

I've gotten the same error message. I'm running XP sp2. Do you by chance have your OS installed on a drive other than C: ? When I installed XP I had accidently left some USB attached storage drives attached, so consequently Windows installed on drive J: in my computer. I am wondering if that is the problem with my system. Perhaps DVD Profiler is hard wired to create the oldprofile.xml file on drive C: only. Any help from those who are experts is welcome. THX! :eek: :frowning:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if this means anything, but I saved my old profile to "My Document" (in a DVD Profiler folder that I created). Maybe there's an issue with the database on the root of the C drive? It could be a permissions issue.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
How were you able to save the "old profile" to that folder? Is the a way to alter where the "old profile" is saved in the DVD Profiler interface?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Okay, I REALLY took the plunge and just deleted my old Intervocative DVD Profiler. I'm going exclusively 3.0. Works great for me so far. I love the improvements.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Uh, it gave me a pretty explicit message as to why it flagged several of my DVDs. It said that version 3 was now using the full (12 digit) UPC code instead of the 10-digit code used in previous versions. These DVDs were flagged because the import mechanism couldn't find the 12-digit equivalents for them. So I need to go and update them manually to the 12-digit code. It also included (as others noted) discs that were ID's only by their disc ID. Not a big deal, it was less than 3% of my collection.

Did no one else get this message??

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
If it flagged a disc that was contributed by Disc ID, it was using the old version 2.3 Disc ID and you will need to insert the disc into your DVD-ROM drive, do the Change UPC process but choose to use the Disc ID.

In addition, if any of your DVDs are not in the datatbase, please contribute them. The database was started over from scratch with the new version due to data ownership issues.

And finally, one of the new features of 3.0 is that it nateively supports Blu-ray and HD DVD now.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

There are a couple of problems I've discovered with these "flagged" titles. (1) When you view the cast list and click on an actor, it will not show any flagged titles that he/she is credited in, and (2) when you upload your collection to the Invelos website, the flagged titles do not show cover art, since they are not in the online database.

There may be other issues, but those are the ones I've noticed so far. I guess I'll have to do the "change UPC" trick, since most were contributed via discID.

Todd B

Stunt Coordinator

I got this last week also. It appears to be a security bug. While they have "done the right thing" security wise by moving the profiles to the users Documents and Settings folder, it appears that they are still writing some (work?) files to the program directory. I am running XP SP2 using a non-admin account. I simply changed the security settings for the DVD Profiler folder under Program Files to give me all rights and everything worked fine.

Hopefully this will solve your problems.

Todd

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
When you export the database, there is a "Browse..." button that allows you to save the database wherever you'd like.

What version are you running? I'm running 2.4 - maybe older ones didn't have this ability?

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I installed my program to the C: drive so I don't think the drive name is the problem. I'll try to look at the security setting tonight when I get home. Thanks Todd :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks