What's new

DVD Profiler 2.0 Live (1 Viewer)

Nick Pudar

Agent
For those interested in linking their Profiler database with their Palms, I do a two-stepper that suffices for now.

First, I export my database to a CSV file format. I then use a Palm based database application (I use HanDBase 3.0) to import the data in.

Since I generally have my Palm with me, it has saved a few spontaneous duplicate purchases.

Nick

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Not sure if this was mentioned yet but, I keep 2 copies at home and at work so I have to constantly update each and then upload (since downloading from server is in-operable). I have noticed 3 times now that I have to refresh the entire database when I have to add a new DVD (2.25MB on a dial up line) despite the fact that I have already done it before. The DVD total is the same so it should skip the download of the DVD database entirely.

Is there a way to check/set DVDP2.0 to only refresh the database when there are new updates, and only the updates not the entire database?

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
It's NOT a "rare issue" if your hard drive has crashed, as mine just did a week ago, and now my only backup for my 330+ DVD database is the online My Profiler, which I apparently can't download!!
Anyone with any other "fixes" for this? I'm screwed, and the new 2.0 does me no good if I can't download what I had backed up on My Profiler (or at least I THOUGHT that was the purpose My Profiler could serve :frowning: ).

Chris Smith

Stunt Coordinator
It's NOT a "rare issue" if your hard drive has crashed, as mine just did a week ago, and now my only backup for my 330+ DVD database is the online My Profiler, which I apparently can't download!!
I think the "rare issue" is the loss of data DUE TO a download from the online My Profiler. That is, there is a bug in the program that could cause someone to lose data if they were to download.

The rare issue has nothing to do with people using My Profiler for backup which isn't rare at all (I was doing it as well as to copy between two computers work and home. But I now just copy the database.)

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
Chris, I understand what they meant by "rare issue". I was just using their terminology to point out that, if you've lost a hard drive, your ONLY backup may well be My Profiler, which is now not accessible and useless as a backup until they fix their bug, I guess.

But, I was hoping someone has another clever way to solve my problem.

Gary_Morris

Auditioning
The My Profiler issue, along with a few others is getting plenty of attention over at IVS. I think they'll have an update out soon. The online My Profiler was never meant to be a real backup of anyone's database, but I think it's becoming quite obvious to the creators that a lot of people tend to use it as just that.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,
but I think it's becoming quite obvious to the creators that a lot of people tend to use it as just that.
Something I'll never understand, tbh. Sure, it may be more comfortable, but let's face it, the online profiles are very often quite messed up. For example, instead of one entry per studio, you get 5 or 6 (i.e. Universal, Universal Studios, Universal Home Video etc.) That's why I fix those things after I've downloaded a profile for a new DVD and then rather backup the database onto an external medium.
Then again, maybe I'm just a freak... Yeah, that's probably it. :)
Chris

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Christian: But even forgetting that, people like Allan and I who have lost their harddrive (in my case reformatted it), the My Profiler database is my only back up. And since that has all my purchase dates and prices in it, I can't just scan them all back in. They need to fix this ASAP.

Tom De Rosa

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same problem as Jon.
I'm registered, but unable to download ANY High-Res image.
Intervocative is aware of the situation and just released a test for those having this issue.
Follow this
THREAD

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Tom,

This solution solved all my 2.0 problems:

Under Tools->Options->Utilities, select ‘Repair DVD Profiler Database’, then when that finishes, select ‘Reset Download Timestamps’.

Next, select Online->Refresh Online Profile List.

Good luck; let me know how you make out.

Love the software.

Jon

johnbr

Stunt Coordinator
I got the dvdprofiler it took me over 13hr's to put all of the dvd's in. It took all but one the DTSno3 disc.What make's me VERY mad is I hit the add now button and I get dbisam engine error#9729.I what my day back. :angry:

Gary_Morris

Auditioning
For those of you that need to download your database from My Profiler, IVS has now added a feature at their home page which will allow you to download. At the DVD Profiler home page, click on the link for "My Profiler", then choose "My Collection" and sign in. There is now a new link for "Download Backup". Also, the first updated profiles for version 2.0.0 have been released.
I truly love DVD Profiler and the upgrade for version 2.0.0 went fine for me on 2 different machines, but I always keep an updated backup handy just in case. For those that didn't have a backup or were unfortunate enough to lose it, looks like the folks at IVS are doing everything they can to get you going again.

Douglas Kalon

Stunt Coordinator
I recently updated to the new version and I am experiencing one problem.

I updated the Online Profile List when I wanted to add a new DVD. The file was around 2.25 MB, which for dial-up takes quite awhile.

I need to update some of my images for some of my DVD's in my list and when I do this the program wants to download the entire Online Profile List all over again. I did not change anything in the Tools menu. Right now I tried it and the Profile List is up to 2.27MB. If I need an update to the List, why doesnt the program just download the smaller update instead of demanding that the complete Profile List be downloaded again.

Is there anything I can do so the program downloads only the update and not the complete file again?

Hope somebody can help. Thanks in advance.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
This is a great program with very nice updates. I keep a copy at home and at work so I am waiting to see when we will be able to download to myprofiler. As of now we can only upload which makes things a little more challenging when you maintain 2 separate copies.

As a work around until they reenable downloading, they have added a way to download a backup file from the website.

Go to My Profiler / My Collection
You'll see a new option to download a backup file.

I've been restoring the backup file on my work PC to keep it in sync with my home PC. No images included with the backup file, but it'll do until full downloading is restored.

Matthew_S

Second Unit
Could anyone help me install some skins? I followed the instructions (seems pretty simple) and placed the downloaded file into the skins directory. I can't get them to show up when i re-launch profiler though. I'm running version 2.0, is this the problem? Do old skins work with 2.0? I've also noticed that the skins that came with profiler don't show up when i look at the skins folder in windows explorer? what's going on? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks