What's new

DVD Player Won't Stop Loading! Why? (1 Viewer)

Eric Scott

Second Unit
Toshiba SD-6200, old model with moderate use worked fine until today. Tried a few DVD's and it's stuck on loading.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Eric Scott

Second Unit
You won't believe it! I just bought a Toshiba sd-3990 and the same exact thing happens; the machine is stuck on loading!!!

I have double and triple checked the connections and attempted to play five DVDs that I know are in perfect condition,,, I have re-checked and switched back to the sd-6200-no luck.

What could be the problem? Help!!!

Eric Scott

Second Unit
Resolved these problems. I had connected the component out/in-puts straight away. The new sd-3990 must be set to component in the setup menu by using the the video in/ou cables included with the player. (This was not very clear in the instructions.)

Toshiba is sending me a upgrade disc that should take care of the problem with the old sd-6200. They were almost certain that the chips need only to be updated.

If all goes well I will have a backup machine.

Rick P.

Stunt Coordinator
If the 6200 worked until yesterday I doubt that a software update is going to help. The software updates usually help read discs with new features that are released from time-to-time or those on newer high-speed media.

Note that I also had this problem intermitently with my XS32, except it knew enough to stop trying to read a disc after 30 seconds or so.

Rick

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Usually this means a dead or malfunctioning laser or it could be the processor that controls all activity in the player. The older processors weren't very effiecient and got very hot, and Heat is #1 enemy to electronics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks