What's new

DVD player suggestion for HDTV. (Sony DVP-NS755V?) (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Mom got family a Mitsubishi 65" beautiful HDTV. Any suggestions on DVD players, of course equipped with prog. scan and such. I got my eye on the Sony DVP-NS755V..anyone own this model, if so, reviews? ;)
Thanks in advance.
-Bert

Ryan Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
I had a chance to check out the model a couple of days ago, but it unfortunately has the chroma bug. If you know what this is and are sensitive to it, I would suggest looking elsewhere.
I just picked up a Panasonic RP82 yesterday and it is sweet. It has all the features that I was looking for on the Sony DVP-NS755V (ie. Built-in DD and DTS). I think the only main difference may be that it plays DVD Audio instead of SACD. Neither one of these formats interest me at this time, and thus it wasn't part of my final decision.
If you want to know more about the Chroma problem, you can go Link Removed. The problem is so bad that the site will no longer give a DVD player a passing grade if it has the Chroma problem. Be warned- if you haven't seen it before, this could ruin you forever! ;)
Regards,
Ryan

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the insight.

I'll be getting maybe an Outlaw reciever which definitely has DD/DTS so is the step down Panasonic CV72 without the DD/DTS? I need a good DVD player with prog. scan but not neccessarily DD/DTS (if it has a real significant increase in price due to that).

Thanks

-Bert

Ryan Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
I think that's kind of silly. look at how much they had to zoom in, LOL
It's not as silly as you might think. I previewed that screen along with parts of the Toy Story movie with the Sony DVD Player on a modest-sized 36" Sony TV, and could see more color banding errors than I could handle. You think 36" isn't modest enough? I was seeing it on my 27" Sony with my Shaw Digital Cable Terminal long before hometheaterhifi.com wrote about it. This is a serious video quality issue and I don't blame them for vetoing any DVD player that fails this test.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks