1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

DVD Planet - Do I Chance it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin_M_M, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Kevin_M_M

Kevin_M_M Well-Known Member

30% off preorders.
    WHat kind of experience have people had? Should I go for it and order my August title from them? I usually use DVDEmpire.
    Thanks!
    ------------------
    They mostly come at night. Mostly... - Newt
    DVD Collection

2. Steve T

Steve T Well-Known Member

I would advise against preordering from DVDPlanet. I preordered two DVD-A discs back in April that were due to be released in June. I found the titles were available on their website so I called to get status on my preorder. I was told that both titles had shipped, but this was not true. I waited and waited but they never arrived. When I called back for status they told me there was a "warehouse problem" and the titles would ship that day. Well, to make a long story short I finally received the discs almost three weeks after they were released.
    One of the biggest gripes I have concerning DVDPlanet is they do not have an online status page. You must call and talk to one of their reps to get status of your order. After I finally received my order I sent an email to inform
    them I would not be ordering any discs until an online status page is available.

3. Marty M

Marty M Well-Known Member

I have had good luck with DVD Planet. They don't ship quite as quickly as DVD Empire, but I have had no problems with receiving shipments.

4. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Well-Known Member

NO!! I had some problems with their reps not doing their jobs properly & also with their reps not giving accurate info. Plus I had two very bad problems with their shipper of choice the USPS.