1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

DVD Karaoke players

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by DennisPCJr, Apr 23, 2007.

1. DennisPCJr

DennisPCJr Active Member

Anyone know what company makes a good karaoke dvd player? Or does anyone even make them anymore? I used to buy and swear by Pioneer but i dont see anything karaoke related listed on their site anymore. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Im looking for a player with at least two mic inputs. I dont need something crazy expensive and im not looking for Fisher Price. thanks

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Well-Known Member

Sony listed a DVD karaoke player in its current DVD lineup, but I don't have any experience with it. I am tempted to buy one though.

3. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Well-Known Member

I think you have to look at the non-consumer parts of Pioneer's site for karaoke now. They used to sell consumer machines with the function (there was always a LaserDisc player in the lineup which would do it, even in the US), but most of them were the "professional" V models. I actually have a CLD-V710, which is based on the CLD-1080, though I've never used it as a karaoke machine.

4. DennisPCJr

DennisPCJr Active Member

Yeah i looked in the dj section ... didnt see anything listed anymore. If anyone has seen any recently hidden on there site or has a link please let me know but i think they may be out of karaoke. Ill definatly check out that Sony one though thanks for that.

5. Radioman970

Radioman970 Well-Known Member

James Perry
    I don't know a thing about the players so this is slightly off-topic. Still, it's karaokoe...

I just use my PC and a mic. And I've done pretty good with walmart and karaoke. I don't know if they have any machines, I do know you can download very professional karaoke tunes for 88 cent each off the website. These are from CDs that are available. Also, the other day I bought a cheap Philips mic (PH65080) for $10 at my local store and it was fairly impressive for such a cheapie. I was amazed at the difference in what I was using before and how it nearly sounds as good as the $500 one I use at work. And that's just plugged in my PC.

6. JohnTKline

JohnTKline Well-Known Member

7. Kenny WH

Kenny WH Well-Known Member

I recently bought a Fleco DVD-5. Pretty much a basic unit but it works as it should. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...yer?sku=244416

I usually use an 8ch. mixer for handling the mics though that way I can have a bunch of people singing(or at least trying to sing[​IMG]) at the same time.