What's new

DVD Forum Cliches (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

I don't know man, have you read some of these threads bitching about crappy cover art? You'd think the studio had stuck a hot poker in their baby's eye!

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
Complaining about packaging I can see...because sometimes it's just plain hard to get those discs out.

Complaining about the snapper...that's gotten old. Thank goodness WB is phasing those out.

Complaining about DVD profiler...that's obnoxious on some level that I can't put into words.

BTW, can someone find the thread referenced earlier where the kid bashes The Godfather as the worst movie ever and then gets smacked around? Sounds like a riot to read, but I never found it in searching this and the Movie forum.

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator
How about ... knowing better than Robert Harris what a good transfer is supposed to look like?

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
"Can someone tell me about SALO and why it's worth so much?"

"With the release of this DVD, I can retire one more laserdisc from my collection." :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Got it.

I guess "Pompousness" wasn't the best term. It's more of a clickiness that sometimes makes me afraid to post there.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
People with signature quotes that are funny maybe twice but not the 900 times they post. Change them up people. And while you're at it go re-record your voice mail greeting from 1997.

I think this should be in the Beginners FAQ. On some boards wasting a post to say thanks will get you flamed. On the other hand, is it appropriate to send personal email through a member's email link, or is this a little too friendly? (I always say thanks, but I killed brain cells pondering these questions early on.)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I think no-one insists on thanks, so yes, it might look too friendly, but you want to know if the original poster actually read the reply. Whether or not it helped him/her.

And about that name under the posts: it's a courtesy to the reader. Also, it is felt good manners here on this forum to (slightly) structure posts like a letter.
When your post is particular addressing another poster, I'd say it should start with the adressee's name, if it's a more general remark, it doesn't have to.

And while we're at it, unstructured stream-on posts, without punctuation and appropriate upper case, but on the other hand with as many unclear abbreviations as possible, simply are unfriendly.
A few weeks ago someone on this forum stated that they are merely a sign of intellect, but they're not. Why force all your readers (and didn't you hope to get many?) to individually decipher a post, while a bit more extra time put into the writing (which is one-time) would save them the trouble?

Cees

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
yup. i have seen people
post stuff like this,, with carriage retuns occuring
at the strangest
places *cough*Paul_Scott*cough*. i don't get it.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks