What's new

DVD Etc Poll: List Your Favorite Demo Selection (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Let me add that I recently changed projectors/screen etc. The scene in Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones that floored me was the asteroid chase scene. Jango Fett releases two seismic charges into the asteroid field in front of Obi Wan's ship. The resulting explosion and fragmentation of the asteroids is a real visual treat with tremendous computer animation and sound effects. Blown up to 92", I just could not believe how good it looked.

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
For a "one-stop" audio/visual feast:
MOULIN ROUGE!, especially Chapter 6: "Satine - The Sparkling Diamond". This DVD is pure eye candy from start to finish!
Other VISUAL favorites:
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
Lord of the Rings - FOTR Extended Edition
Vertical Limit - Superbit
Ice Age
Brotherhood of the Wolf
for absolutely STUNNING SOUND:
Saving Private Ryan
Air Force One - Superbit
Eagles: Hell Freezes Over DTS
Jurassic Park III

Ronn.W

Second Unit
The Fifth Element Superbit
DTS track at the spaceport. Most people have been to an airport and they know what a terminal sounds like. That entire sequence from beginning to end (including the bar) is so accurate people are always impressed by it.

Declan

Second Unit
have it on LD, but havent watched it in ages..............might do now:D
Just hope it has'nt gone the way of other 97 LD's from Columbia Tristar and started rotting.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
SW:AOTC -- Great picture and sound

LOTRFOTR Extended Edition -- Amazing all around (sound is from another world, heh sorry bad pun)

Toy story II -- into with THX storm into is great1

The Fifth Element (Super-Bit)-- The escape scene and Le Lu's (sp?) close-up on the ledge is awesome!

Thanks again for the input and HTF presence in your magazine!!! You have a subscriber for life in me!

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
I have two repeats, but they stand on their own:

For a succinct, one-chapter demo I vote for the intro of Toy Story 2. I has material that is good for all ages the kind of bass that will scare the un-initiated. The start of the next chapter mellows out and allows for your brain to recover.

Speaking of bass, Blade 2 is the perfect, whole-movie bass demo. It has every type of bass in it:
- rumbling, tense mood-bass
- deep explosion-bass
- tight fighting-bass
- hypnotic club-bass (both house and hip-hop)

Matt D K

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone used the "EAGLES HELL FREEZWS OVER' dvd? this has to be one of the best period !!!

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
For both audio and video:
1- Star Wars Episode I & II
2- Pearl Harbor Directors Cut
3- Lord of the Rings EE

Chris

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
DVD-Video, Paramount Studios, Star Trek:Insurrection, Chapter 15 "Aggressive Tendancies", 4 minutes. TURN OFF THE TV, then play this scene and watch your friends turn their heads as the drone-flyers swirl around your speakers.

Declan

Second Unit
I 2nd that. play the shootdown or mine feild sequences and watch as the plaster comes down off the walls.

Ole

Stunt Coordinator
Contact is my favorite. First the delicate sound field and visual effects during the opening sequence with the sound bytes as they fly through space. Second, the sequence with Jodie zooming through the wormholes going from thundering chaos to dead silence in one frame, then just when you get comfortable, boom, they nail you back in your chair again at max dB, particularly when you view it solo at over 100 dB because no one else will put up with it!

Michael Silla

Second Unit
Three words:

Behind Enemy lines. Great video and audio. A showcase. Makes me want to continually utter 1 word.....

RESPECT!

Michael.

Declan

Second Unit
Another one to add...........JFK.

Now this was the original release (r2) and not the Dir Cut with anamorphic video and new remixed 5.1

I really was blown away by how it sounded, especially the courtroom scene in the last 45mins the way the different sound effects and the music gel together.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Star Wars Episode II
The Fellowship of the Ring Extended Cut
Monsters, Inc.

Lin Weiwen

Stunt Coordinator
The Moria Sequence in LOTR: FOTR is simply great!! From the moment Pippin causes the skeleton to plunge into the well....to the Cave Troll's arrival...to the Orcs surrounding the Fellowship.....to Howard Shore's powerful score benefiting from a superb music separation to Gandalf's encounter with the Balrog!!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
As mentioned by so many others...The Pod Race in Star Wars EP1 has the best directional effects ever! A great example of a fantastic Dolby Digital 5.1 EX track!
The final 'departure' sequence in E.T (DTS track) is one that I love too. Being a huge fan of John Williams, it's a joy to hear his fantastic score swelling into a soaring, grand climax from all speakers!! Simply splendid!
For picture, I would vote for FOTR, Dances with Wolves and Shrek.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks