What's new

DVD Empire sale: Life of Brian, Time Bandits, Throne of Blood, and more $18.99 (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I was going to load up, but get errors when I try to purchase things. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Piers C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks! Ordered My Life as A Dog. Showed as back ordered so hoping it goes through.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Discounts for DVDEmpire!

$ 5 off $ 60 code:549114
$10 off $110 code:549115
$15 off $200 code:549116
$20 off $250 code:549117

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I wish I didn't already have all the ones I wanted. Using David's codes, you can get Spellbound, Notorious, The 39 Steps, The Lady Vanishes, Rebecca, Throne of Blood, Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, Sanjuro, and The Hidden Fortress for a price of $14.29 each. That's frickin' amazing.

Clint B

Second Unit
I just added the recent Hitchcock Criterion "5-pack" to my cart, but it says it's "on order." Since DVD Empire already has my shipping and billing info, will they automatically ship it when it comes in (along with an email to confirm the shipment), or do I have to check back and complete the transaction on their website? I don't want to miss out on this deal, but I don't want to get charged twice, either. Please let me know what I should do. Thanks.

Adam Horak

Stunt Coordinator
Clint, go ahead and complete the transaction now and they will ship it to you when they get it in stock. You will only be charged once.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
This is great, I ordered the Kurosawa set, I've been wanting to pick that up for awhile now!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Get everything you want into your shopping cart ("my order", I think they call it) and begin the checkout process. On the first screen of that process, at the bottom right, is a field to input the code you want to use. Fill it in and click the button below that field. The discount appears as a line item in your order after that...and it's possible to remove it if you want to use a different one instead later.

Is that what you meant?

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
91 dollars shipped for the Kirosawa box, Time Bandits, and Straw Dogs. Not bad. And if they don't come for a month, I'm ok with that, since I won't get charged until after the *painful* month of October.

Clint B

Second Unit
Since "Unavailable" won't let you add to the cart (as I've found out), does that mean that I won't get the sale price once it's in stock (the Hitchcock is still in my "Wish List")?

Wade K

Second Unit
If you click the "Buy" button from the main page, as opposed to going to each film's individual page, it'll let you add it to your cart at the cheap price.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
David: Thanks for the info but what I meant, and should have been clearer about, was how does DVD Empire apply a coupons to partially shipped orders? Sometimes a retailer will divide the coupon by each item. But, as I now have a shipping notice it appears they took the entire coupon off the first shipment.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
If you click the "Buy" button from the main page, as opposed to going to each film's individual page, it'll let you add it to your cart at the cheap price.
Where do you find this? I am always sent to the film's individual page.

Wade K

Second Unit

Sorry, It looks as if they changed it at some point. The buttons were there earlier this morning, but not now.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I bought everything last night. (Except My Life as a Dog, just wasn't that interested in that title). Looks like I got in just in time.

Users who are viewing this thread