What's new

DVD Empire: Overcharging? (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I could not find an appropriate thread to add on to.

I placed an order recently and noticed that the final amount was one cent over the total price of the items (no errors in my calculations). Has anyone else experienced this?

Customer Service is going to be contacted by me tomorrow when they open but I wanted to ask here first.

I know it's only one cent but doing this for the many customers they have adds up! I'm sure it's in error but I also want everyone else to scrutinize their invoices.
-

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I think they have been doing some price-changing. I go through their 'future releases' once a month and get the date and price of titles that I want - and when I did that last week about 6 of them had changed prices! All of mine were lower, though. Some I had already ordered too! :)

I remember several years ago I was going to buy Dylan's 'Don't Look Back' and the price was $1.00 over the MSRP. Then it had that little note "You save -$!.00!

I almost lost it completely, but needless to say, I got it somewhere else.

Glenn

edit - PS What if you used a coupon and when they put in the new prices you weren't elgible for it anymore?

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
I think once I used a coupon and they dropped the price of an item so the total price was less then it should have been. They still gave me credit for the coupon.

Also, if the price went down after they ship it, I would call them as there is a good chance they will credit you the difference.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
A difference of $0.01 could easily be a rounding error, e.g. the prices shown are derived from indexed prices and some may internally contain a fraction of a cent.

People do that and even if it's an honest rounding error, this situation is not in the interest of DVD Empire, because those who seemingly have to pay too much, complain, while those (if it's honest: as many) who pay less keep their mouths and e-mails shut.

Cees

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
There may be cheaper sites available to buy from, but their pre-order mangement system is what keeps me a constant customer at DVD Empire. Plus I frequently check to see if any prices have come down & replace those DVDs with the lower priced editions in my pre-orders. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks