What's new

DVD Empire/Money Order Query (1 Viewer)

Lyle H.

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,

I have a friend who says DVD Empire sucks with money orders and they take forever. I sent a money order to them on Saturday and it's meant to arrive on Thursday or Friday. He says they take over two weeks to process a money order order once they get it. Can anyone tell me if this is true? I no longer have access to a credit card so MO's are the only way to go.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I've always used CCs with them so I cannot offer any experience with MOs & DVD Empire. It would seem to me that a check would take that long but not a MO. Otherwise my experience in dealing with this company has been wonderful. I love their pre-order system & they ship my orders quickly. I buy 99% of my online DVDs from them. :D :D

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Money Orders have always taken forever. I think they have to go to the post office to cash them and if I were a company, it would be hard to fit that into a schedule. Then they have to wait in line, and we all know what that can be like.

I'd give someone else the cash and let them order it with a bankcard. Much better.

Glenn

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
If you don't have a credit card and don't want to want on check/money order processing, think about buying a pre-paid debit card. That's what I use for DVD Empire. It's a good idea to wait until the next day after you buy the card to place your order -- I've had problems when trying to order the same day. Other than that, just as easy as a credit card.

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I only use a credit card, but from what I understand some companies (I'm not saying DVD Empire does) delay orders payed by check or mo on purpose so people won't use them because they're a pain to process. Today, most checks can be processed and in their account in a couple of days yet I know companies that will not ship for two weeks just because the order was payed by check. Needless to say I would never buy from them.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Nice post Mark! The Money orders are cash, but the check could bounce, and I could see waiting on them.

However, there's a new law coming up where the checks will go electronic too, so no more delays on them. If you, or anyne else, has a habit of sending a check in a few days before payday, knowing it won't get back to your bank until after you've been paid, it is going to bounce now.

Glenn

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I'll be the sole voice in favor of money orders here: I've sent them to DVD Empire many times when I haven't wanted to use a credit card and they've always been very fast and very friendly about it. It usually takes me about three days for a MO to reach their offices, and they often ship the items out that same day, or at the latest, the day after. It should be noted, however, that the last time I used a MO for payment, I lived slightly closer to their facilities than I do now, but they have never held a money order for it to clear, at least with my orders.

DVD Empire is by far the friendliest, most understanding, and most efficient etailer I have ever dealt with, period. Unlike other etailers who will remain nameless, they keep their stock status updated to the second on the main page and don't mislead you into thinking something is in stock when it isn't. They're also polite and actually answer their phone and emails too. So, a big thumbs up :emoji_thumbsup: for the folks at DVD Empire, who are going to get *ALL* my CD and DVD business in the future.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
:) :) Public Service Announcement :) :)

Keep in mind also, that DVD Empire is one of the sites which has an affiliate agreement with TVShowsOnDVD.com so if you use the click-through links there to place your orders, Gord and David will earn revenue to help sustain the site.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks