What's new

DVD Covers that look alike (1 Viewer)

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I'm sure those were all parodies of the Star Wars art, since the "grabbing onto the leg" is the central theme there, noticeably absent in the Conan artwork, but prominent in the Star Wars art.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
The style of art work used for Conan has been around since at least the 60's when Fantasy art was very popluar and Robert Erwin Howard's Conan was often the popular choice of subjects for the many fantasy art artists. The most famous of these was Frank Frazetta who did most of the cover art of Robert Erwin Howard's books. here are some samples of his work:

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

**The marketing department of Embassy Pictures came up with that one for one of the theatrical one-sheets, and it was issued on the original VHS and laserdisc editions. Rob Reiner was not impressed.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Darn it Scott*E! I was looking all over for that Breakfast Club/Chainsaw Massacre connection! I remember seeing on the soundracks when I worked in a record store in the 80's and pointed it out to a coworker.. no one had ever noticed it before.

I thought for sure I'd be the first to notice that one. Thanks for beating me to the punch.

Seeing all of the similarities in this thread really makes you wonder if there's just a stack of "go to" poster designs at the studios.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks